Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I request a CLI or wait it out?

tag
Swiftd03
Established Member

Should I request a CLI or wait it out?

Looking for some advice here. I have 2 capital one accounts currently a $2000 Platinum card and a $750 rewards card. I just received a substantial raise and promotion at work that is going to require a lot more traveling and offers me a corporate/personal shared responsibility AMEX, IF I qualify (notice the IF because I'm sure I don't!) If I do not qualify I am going to have to ask Cap One for a large CLI to cover my business travel until I get reimbursed. I am wondering if asking for the CLI now would help or hurt me when doing the AMEX application? Obviously higher credit limits on other cards are great but very recent increases could throw up some red flags too. All in all I don't think I have a chance with 600-610 scores but don't want to diminish those chances any either.

Let me know what you think and thanks again,

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should I request a CLI or wait it out?

Ask, it's a sp for you. Idk about red flags for CLI's as long as the bal doesn't go up with the increases.
Message 2 of 8
Swiftd03
Established Member

How should I approach it with Capital One then? I have my offer letter that states my pay and benefits but don't get my first check at that rate for another 2 weeks, which my offer letter clearly states.

Message 3 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Swiftd03 wrote:

Looking for some advice here. I have 2 capital one accounts currently a $2000 Platinum card and a $750 rewards card. I just received a substantial raise and promotion at work that is going to require a lot more traveling and offers me a corporate/personal shared responsibility AMEX, IF I qualify (notice the IF because I'm sure I don't!) If I do not qualify I am going to have to ask Cap One for a large CLI to cover my business travel until I get reimbursed. I am wondering if asking for the CLI now would help or hurt me when doing the AMEX application? Obviously higher credit limits on other cards are great but very recent increases could throw up some red flags too. All in all I don't think I have a chance with 600-610 scores but don't want to diminish those chances any either.

Let me know what you think and thanks again,

I don't think low 600s would qualify you for AMEX.  I also don't see how CLIs would harm you.  You could try using the LUV button at Cap One, and then calling the EO if that isn't successful.

What is your credit profile like?

(edited for typo)

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

+1 @ Sunrise...web first, then EO...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 8
Swiftd03
Established Member

Tried web already. Both accounts are less than 6 months from the last step so it didn't work. I'll try EO on Monday. Thanks again,

Message 6 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't be to concerned with showing proof. They usually ask for income. Just say that I make this and that's it. Not like it's a mortgage. I've never had my income questioned beyond "how much do you make". 

Good luck!

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

800-955-1455 is EX office... Call and say you would like a cli to $5k on both accounts and upgrade to Quicksilver if you don't have that...

they will counter and get back to you in a week or less.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.