Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I stop getting cards now lol

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Should I stop getting cards now lol

Should I stop now? Look at my signature. Is there anything possibly out there that I can get that is better rewards wise?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I stop getting cards now lol

NOOO!! you can never stop!!! there is and always will be be better cards!!! Smiley Happy)) Soooo what are you waitng for! get applying for more Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very impressive! How many inquiries currently showing?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

My stack of collection Smiley Happy   haha jk

http://www.fivecentnickel.com/2012/06/08/extreme-credit-card-collections/

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

If you don't have USAA's Rate Advantage card, it might be worth looking into. No rewards, but the lowest rate in the industry, by far.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 5 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

I dunno I prefer 7.24% on my Navy card WITH rewards Smiley Happy

@Elcid89 wrote:

If you don't have USAA's Rate Advantage card, it might be worth looking into. No rewards, but the lowest rate in the industry, by far.

Message 6 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

I dunno I prefer 7.24% on my Navy card WITH rewards Smiley Happy

@Elcid89 wrote:

LOL, I have 5.75% on Rate Advantage.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 7 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

it's all about the rewards ;p

besides if you pay off the balance in full you don't owe anything, and I don't plan on carrying a balance ever so why worry? Smiley Wink

I have more than enough funds to max out all my cards 50k+ and pay them off a few times so not worried =) it's called emergency funds =D

btw does USAA have anything like NavCheck?

Message 8 of 11
Elcid89
Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

it's all about the rewards ;p

besides if you pay off the balance in full you don't owe anything, and I don't plan on carrying a balance ever so why worry? Smiley Wink

I have more than enough funds to max out all my cards 50k+ and pay them off a few times so not worried =) it's called emergency funds =D

btw does USAA have anything like NavCheck?

LOL, no, it's called rate premium spread. Why should I tie funds up in paying off this debt or that debt when I can earn more on them elsewhere?

I agree that emergency funds are important, and to that end I keep 6 months of projected expenses sitting in a money market account (crap yield, but easily accessible.) Anything beyond that is missed return.

So, in essence, when making a major purchase, I can either 1) pay it off immediately, and thereby lose any future use of the funds from a return generating standpoint or 2) pay it off over time and utilize the funds elsewhere to garner a return which is superior to the rate I'm paying on the carried debt.

One has the option of paying 0% for a purchase or earning a net return on the purchase. I'll take the net return every time.

Message 9 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@distantarray wrote:

My stack of collection Smiley Happy   haha jk

http://www.fivecentnickel.com/2012/06/08/extreme-credit-card-collections/

Hays I thought this was for real until I squires my eyes later and found the j/k
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.