cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I substitute someone for Orchard Bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I substitute someone for Orchard Bank?

I've worked on my credit.  Bought a new car a little over a year ago (7%), a new house about 6 months ago (5.625%).. I've gone from only having Continental Finance (which I closed last month - I couldnt handle paying the monthly fees) to $39 fee Capital One Credit Steps. ($500 about to go up to $750) and Orchard Bank ($300/39 AF)    I don't mind paying the $39 and using the Cap One because it's 2% back on groceries and gas which is mainly what I use it for... I pay it off every other week.  I haven't used my Orchard in ages.  I take it out once a month for about $30 and pay it off the next week.  Aside from increasing my debt ratio, they don't do anything for me.   Should I apply for something else?   I dont belong to a credit union.. I thought about applying for my banks card.. or since I don't have a store card, should I apply for one of those? 

I was planning on waiting til next March/April when all the inquiries were over a year old but if it would help then I don't mind adding one or two more.  I have 8 now (mostly from the house - I bought a short sale and they had to check my credit a few times because it took them 4 months to close and I started looking in August/September and then I needed a rescore to go down another 1/2 point.) 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I substitute someone for Orchard Bank?

who is your bank? what are your scores now?

I would check pre-qual for best buy mastercard, but if your scores are high enough, I would go elsewhere unless you get offered the platinum, they have been known to have higher limits

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a local bank, Artisan's.  My school are a pretty solid 670 (the two on here).  So not extremely high.  My offers are getting better but I'm still in the AF range.  My latest was First Premier Platinum, $750 with a $175 annual fee.  That went in the trash pretty fast. 

So I don't need a store card to help with rounding things out?

Message 3 of 4
O-day
New Contributor

do you have any baddies on your report? if you have a 670 with no baddies u should get approved for the amex zync or green which is a charge card and get your foot in the door with them. and then wait 6 months to a year and apply for a credit card. hope this helps my friend \

good luck

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.