cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I switch from Discover Open Road to Discover IT?

tag
flawlessly
Established Member

Should I switch from Discover Open Road to Discover IT?

I have my open road since 2004 and successful requested APR deduction recently, am not sure if I can switch to IT card. Any better benefit advantage over open road card? Thanks!

Current Score: 813 TU (10/22/2015)
Current Score: 823 EX (10/22/2015)
Current Score: 840 EQ (10/22/2015)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I switch from Discover Open Road to Discover IT?

@flawlessly wrote:
I have my open road since 2004 and successful requested APR deduction recently, am not sure if I can switch to IT card. Any better benefit advantage over open road card? Thanks!

I thought most were saying it resulted in a better CLI.

Message 2 of 4
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Not really familiar with the Open Road card (previous More cardholder) but I know with the It card, you earn unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases in addition to the 5% categories similar to Chase Freedom. No late fee, no over the limit fees and you can pay your bill til midnight! Soon as I heard they offered 1% cash back on ALL purchases...I called immediately to convert my More card to an IT! Lol. I'm sure if you don't initiate the switch anyway, Discover will. They don't seem to be offering the other cards that were in their lineup anymore...other than Discover student and Discover Business.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@flawlessly wrote:

I would consider it, there might be a nice CLI for it too like CA said.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.