Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I switch secured CC or get a secound one

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I switch secured CC or get a second one

Old Navy may be an option, however with your scores, i just dont know. I would definitely try to clean up your report and then start to apply for some cards.

You may also want to look at whogavemecredit.com and look at the most recent applications for credit cards and see what people are getting approved for. You can check to see what score and report lenders are using in a particular state and what score is needed.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Message 11 of 23
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

@oracles wrote:

Old Navy may be an option, however with your scores, i just dont know. I would definitely try to clean up your report and then start to apply for some cards.

You may also want to look at whogavemecredit.com and look at the most recent applications for credit cards and see what people are getting approved for. You can check to see what score and report lenders are using in a particular state and what score is needed.

Thanks so much for the advice again.  Cleaning up my CR is my goal as of right now.  There are two things on my CR that I'm not sure on how to clean up I had posted another thread on it, but either I'm just clueless on what to do on rather to pay and do a GW letter or DV them.  I'm waiting on replies.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 12 of 23
oracles
Valued Contributor

where is it and what is the title and i will reply to it
Message 13 of 23
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=48875
CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

Message 14 of 23
oracles
Valued Contributor

I just answered your question

Message Edited by oracles on 02-16-2009 02:35 AM
Message 15 of 23
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

I got apporved for the BoA secured!!

Yay lol now all the goal is to start cleaning up my CR! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 23
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I switch secured CC or get a secound one

@oracles wrote:

Hi Payingthebills

What you need to do is do a Product change from the current card you have currently.

Do a product change to worldpoints and then you will be able to start to receive credit line increases. The reason is that the current card you have now will not allow you to receive an increase.

Once you do a product change to another card like worldpoints, wait alittle and then go online and click on the credit line increase link.

Do I need to increase my Fico score first, in order to avoid getting denied when I request a product change?

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 17 of 23
oracles
Valued Contributor

@PayingTheBills wrote:

@oracles wrote:

Hi Payingthebills

What you need to do is do a Product change from the current card you have currently.

Do a product change to worldpoints and then you will be able to start to receive credit line increases. The reason is that the current card you have now will not allow you to receive an increase.

Once you do a product change to another card like worldpoints, wait alittle and then go online and click on the credit line increase link.

Do I need to increase my Fico score first, in order to avoid getting denied when I request a product change?

Hi Paying

No, people here have been able to do a product change the same day their card was unsecured and they still did not have stellar credit. With the worldpoints card, people have been able to do a PC without an inq, however for the BofA amex card, they will do a hard due to the card having a 5k minimum limit.

I think you will be fine with the PC to the worldpoints

Message 18 of 23
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply! (if only I could get such attention in my HIPPA thread in the Rebuilding Your Credit forum Smiley Wink)

I'll call the backdoor number for BoA this week and let you guys know how it goes.  I'm still wondering why I was denied for a secured card after nearly 5 years of flawless CC history with BoA.  I guess I'll find out when the reason comes in the mail.  I figured that was my only option after BoA told me my currrent card wasn't eligible for a CLI.

Thanks again, kudos to you!

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 19 of 23
oracles
Valued Contributor

Thanks and no problem.

Give me the link to your post in the rebuilding forum and i will try to answer it.

Hold on, i will look into your profile and look for it.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.