cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I take advantage my 0% APR to my AMEX BCE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I take advantage my 0% APR to my AMEX BCE?

It will end on March 2016, I currently have $18,000 limit. what do you think? Like I'll just pay a bit more than minimum payment?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I take advantage my 0% APR to my AMEX BCE?

Absolutely, why not? As long as you pay more than the minimum on time every month you shouldn't have a problem. People carry balances all the time on Amex cards and don't run into any issues.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a 0% APR card and then NOT taking advantage of that is giving away free money. As long as you pay it off by the end of the 0% APR, of course.

I'm carrying about 60% of the CL on my AMEX BCE.

Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sure take advantage of the 0%. Though I do recommend paying more than just "a little bit more than the minimum payment." IMO, if you can, I'd say at least double the minimum.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The same question is basically asked every week as far as carrying a balance on Amex and/or using a 0% period. Yes, it's fine. Don't max out your card and don't pay the minimums which is true across all creditors. You don't want to appear like you cannot handle credit. Pay more than the minimum -- double ideally -- buy what you need, pay it down over time, that's what the 0% is for.

Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Your call.  If you can pay it off by the time the offer expires then you could certainly make use of it.

The minimum doesn't matter aside from being the requirement for keeping your account current.

Keep an eye on your utilization.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, because I'm planning to go for vacation and I won't be having paycheck that time. So I might put my bills to my AMEX BCE and pay it when I get back from vacation?

Message 7 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea absolutely that why they offer that promo. Just don't max out the card, don't miss any payments and try to pay more than the minimum

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.