cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try BoA for a CC?

tag
jay_c27

Should I try BoA for a CC?

hello all, I am proud to say that I am at 661 (as of 12/27/13) from 637 (9/20/12) per EXPERIAN! I had a BoA credit card which I was never late on from 2005-2008. had a bk back in 09 but card was paid off beforehand and not included in ch 7. currently have a 1k cc (11/14/13) and auto loan (6/13/13) from DCU and $300 secured (10/12) cc from a local CU. with my score should i even attempt to apply for a card thru BoA in hopes they backdate to 05?

DCU-4000 / FJCU-1000 / WELLS FARGO- 4700
Current: FICO 685 (8/25/14 per DCU) / Gardening 9/20/14
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I try BoA for a CC?

@jay_c27 wrote:

hello all, I am proud to say that I am at 661 (as of 12/27/13) from 637 (9/20/12) per EXPERIAN! I had a BoA credit card which I was never late on from 2005-2008. had a bk back in 09 but card was paid off beforehand and not included in ch 7. currently have a 1k cc (11/14/13) and auto loan (6/13/13) from DCU and $300 secured (10/12) cc from a local CU. with my score should i even attempt to apply for a card thru BoA in hopes they backdate to 05?

BofA does not backdate.. that is only Amex.

2. you could check the pre-qual but the BK might be an issue.

I would also check the pre-qual for chase, barclay, capital one, and discover... you should be in good chances for Barclay and Cap1 for sure.

Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I was approved with BoA through recon with an EX score similar to yours, but I had a paid charge-off not BK reporting at the time (it was about 6 years old).  I'm not sure if they're more lenient than others with a BK.  

+1 to Creditaddict's advice on checking Barclays, Cap1, Discover.

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

I was approved with BoA through recon with an EX score similar to yours, but I had a paid charge-off not BK reporting at the time (it was about 6 years old).  I'm not sure if they're more lenient than others with a BK.  

+1 to Creditaddict's advice on checking Barclays, Cap1, Discover.

AFAIK, they can be lenient with BK (depending on the U/W) but it has to have aged considerably and no other derogs/lates on file, good scores/low utilization and a thicker profile.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.