Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try for the Discover IT card

tag
nikkiheaven
Contributor

Should I try for the Discover IT card

Transunion is recommending this card for me.  Transunion reports my credit score as 683.  I'm assuming Transunion is not a FAKO.  I have 1 inquiry from May which resulted in an approval for Walmart.  What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: Should I try for the Discover IT card

I was approved for it with a lower TU score and 3 months credit history. Some say Discover isnt easy to get but in my case it was fairly easy. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
MT936
Established Contributor

I think you have a good shot
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 3 of 4
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they are pushing the card is because Discover is paying them a kickback. It is probably not a pre-qualify offer.  Still it is a good card.

I think Discover pulls (at least for me) EQ.  If you have decent income and your EQ score is at least as good, you probably have a shot.  But it is far from guaranteed. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.