cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try to CLI my 6 month old Sony Chase even though......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I try to CLI my 6 month old Sony Chase even though......

Hello fellow ficoholics. I just want to hear your wise opinions if, should I try to CLI my 6 month old Sony Chase even though I have recently opened a Chase Platinum Visa with 6,000 cl. Will Chase deny my request to CLI my 1500cl Sony Chase to a 4,000 or greater credit line because of my new Chase Platinum Visa?

My Progress since finding MyFico.

I have just about 2yrs + 2 months of established credit history, my average age is 1yr.

My Cards in order i got them.

Credit One       450cl     2yrs + 2 months - - Was my first card

BoA Amex        1500cl    1yr + 2 months - -- Was a partially secured visa 99/500.

Cap 1              750cl    8 months  ----------It just will not grow with meSmiley Sad

WaMu             1500cl   8 months ---------- My first large credit limit over $500cl.

Chase Sony     1500cl   6 months ---------- First rewards card, happy about CL.

Chase Plt. Visa 6000cl  not reported yet ----Offered at a Chase branch, after I spent 30 min for

banking representative to speak to me about

a debit card pin change.

The Chase Platinum Visa(6000cl) has boosted my morale and self worth on how the CC issuers should view me. I have already tried to increase my credit line with my BoA Amex, previously $1,000cl, BoA only gave me a $500cl increase, better than nothing. No success with my Cap 1. Plus I do not know how to approach WaMu($1,500cl) for a CLI, because I know they do not do customer initiated CLI's. My goal is to acquire the Penfed rewards CC by March of 09.

Thank You guys for any response!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I try to CLI my 6 month old Sony Chase even though......

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello fellow ficoholics. I just want to hear your wise opinions if, should I try to CLI my 6 month old Sony Chase even though I have recently opened a Chase Platinum Visa with 6,000 cl. Will Chase deny my request to CLI my 1500cl Sony Chase to a 4,000 or greater credit line because of my new Chase Platinum Visa?

My Progress since finding MyFico.

I have just about 2yrs + 2 months of established credit history, my average age is 1yr.

My Cards in order i got them.

Credit One       450cl     2yrs + 2 months - - Was my first card

BoA Amex        1500cl    1yr + 2 months - -- Was a partially secured visa 99/500.

Cap 1              750cl    8 months  ----------It just will not grow with meSmiley Sad

WaMu             1500cl   8 months ---------- My first large credit limit over $500cl.

Chase Sony     1500cl   6 months ---------- First rewards card, happy about CL.

Chase Plt. Visa 6000cl  not reported yet ----Offered at a Chase branch, after I spent 30 min for

banking representative to speak to me about

a debit card pin change.

The Chase Platinum Visa(6000cl) has boosted my morale and self worth on how the CC issuers should view me. I have already tried to increase my credit line with my BoA Amex, previously $1,000cl, BoA only gave me a $500cl increase, better than nothing. No success with my Cap 1. Plus I do not know how to approach WaMu($1,500cl) for a CLI, because I know they do not do customer initiated CLI's. My goal is to acquire the Penfed rewards CC by March of 09.

Thank You guys for any response!!!!

If you want to do that stop doing anything that will open a new account or generate an INQ NOW! Rule of thumb with PenFed is no new credit/no INQ's within six months prior to app'ing. Asking Chase for a CLI will result in a hard inquiry.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I try to CLI my 6 month old Sony Chase even though......

Thank you for your response jmbfl, I know I have to and I have constrained myself from opening any new accounts since my penfed denial in May or June. I only opened the new Chase platinum because its large credit limit (to me), I did not go apping for it, it was offered to me at a Chase branch. Currently my justification for increasing my credit limits is that by the time I reapply for a Penfed Plat. rewards, they will see I can handle larger credit limits than my $1500 Wamu, BoA, and Chase Sony. So I am just worried Chase wont cli on my Sony card (1500), because of its age of six months, plus my new Chase Platinum. Either way if I was to be harded by Chase it would most likely appear on my Experian or Transunion.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.