Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I wait?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I wait?

@calebwshn wrote:
Today's the day! My last baddie was disputed off my Ex report. So I'm officially free of bad debt!
So I'm wondering if I should go ahead and apply for another card preferably the Amex delta gold, in that ill be doing some traveling next month. My cap1 still hasn't reported, so I'm wondering if I should go for it now or wait until it reports and then go. Scores are below. Aaoa is 2y6m

Ah...it feels good to be clean, doesn't it...lol? If your util is good, I don't see any reason not to go for it. However, it is never a bad idea to garden a little more...Smiley Wink

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 13
calebwshn
Valued Member

Its like taking a hot shower and running up someone elses water bill. Lol 

There is not UTL if I app'd now it would be like im going for my first card which happens to be an amex. 

@Webhopper My income is around 24 which isnt bad considering im a self employed freelancer who only pays 400$ in rent. 

Current Personal Cards:
Amex Gold - NPSL, Chase Freedom - 3300, Amex Optima - 1100

Current Business Cards
Amex Amazon Business Prime - 3000, Chase Ink Unlimited - 6000

FICO8:
Ex - 702, TU - 727, EQ - 705

INQ:
EX - 7, TU - 3, EQ - 1
Message 12 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That's really not bad considering that you do not have high expenses.   I still stand by my recommendation to wait on the Delta.  You'll have a better shot at approval if you wait. 

By the way, if you apply for a card such as the PRG, then the first year's AF is free, and you can downgrade to the Sr. Rewards Green before the AF hits, which would be next april.  Sr. Rewards Green has a $35 AF

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.