Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Should have left well enough alone!

I was feeling pretty good about myself.  Just left Nordstrom with a new approval - so against my better judgment I decided to app for an Amex Green.  The cold hard slap of the denial is still burning my eyes. Woman Sad

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 12,946
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!

Happens, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it though; however, looking at your signature, it would probably help you to obtain at least one national bank card of some type from an underwriting perspective.  I'd wait to find out what the Amex denial reasons were, that may shed some light on what they and potentially others are looking for when it comes to evaluating your credit report.

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!


09Lexie wrote:

I was feeling pretty good about myself.  Just left Nordstrom with a new approval - so against my better judgment I decided to app for an Amex Green.  The cold hard slap of the denial is still burning my eyes. Woman Sad


Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

 

Garden your new account and try them again in 6 months!

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!

Congrats on your approval and sorry to hear about amex

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!

Sorry to hear. But after some time gardening and taking care of your current accounts you should have a much better shot!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!


Revelate wrote:

Happens, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it though; however, looking at your signature, it would probably help you to obtain at least one national bank card of some type from an underwriting perspective.  I'd wait to find out what the Amex denial reasons were, that may shed some light on what they and potentially others are looking for when it comes to evaluating your credit report.


 

I agree.  Before I found this board I foolishly wasted HP's on Chase, Barclay and Discover a few months ago. I thought having a paid mortgage, installment and car loans was enough - wrong. Hence, the revolvers with GE.  I have a feeling the reasons might be inq's and the fact all my revolving credit is 3 mos old or newer (but my AAOA is 8yrs.)   I knew the auto loan with Chase in April was not sufficient- but still I hit submit.Smiley Sad

 

 I did join Alliant CU yesterday- hopefully by the time my CL garden some I will be ready to hit submit again! 

Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!


09Lexie wrote:

I was feeling pretty good about myself.  Just left Nordstrom with a new approval - so against my better judgment I decided to app for an Amex Green.  The cold hard slap of the denial is still burning my eyes. Woman Sad


Lmao!!!


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Regular Contributor
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎05-06-2012
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!


09Lexie wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Happens, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it though; however, looking at your signature, it would probably help you to obtain at least one national bank card of some type from an underwriting perspective.  I'd wait to find out what the Amex denial reasons were, that may shed some light on what they and potentially others are looking for when it comes to evaluating your credit report.


 

I agree.  Before I found this board I foolishly wasted HP's on Chase, Barclay and Discover a few months ago. I thought having a paid mortgage, installment and car loans was enough - wrong. Hence, the revolvers with GE.  I have a feeling the reasons might be inq's and the fact all my revolving credit is 3 mos old or newer (but my AAOA is 8yrs.)   I knew the auto loan with Chase in April was not sufficient- but still I hit submit.Smiley Sad

 

 I did join Alliant CU yesterday- hopefully by the time my CL garden some I will be ready to hit submit again! 


Sometimes it helps having freezes on your files so you can still fulfill your app itch, just that you know you'll be denied as they won't be able to pull your credit...



Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 910
Registered: ‎12-25-2010
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!

Did you try calling the back door number. It can't hurt speaking to someone...


Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 394
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: Should have left well enough alone!

I agree. Why not give Amex a call and recon? Chances arent great but cant hurt. Just make sure they don't do another hard pull,

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.