Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should have left well enough alone!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should have left well enough alone!

@koalablue wrote:

I agree. Why not give Amex a call and recon? Chances arent great but cant hurt. Just make sure they don't do another hard pull,

I tried to check the reason(s) online but the website kept giving me internal error ( bad sign)  and the backdoor number listed is closed.  I will try again tomorrow and update this post. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@09Lexie wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

I agree. Why not give Amex a call and recon? Chances arent great but cant hurt. Just make sure they don't do another hard pull,

I tried to check the reason(s) online but the website kept giving me internal error ( bad sign)  and the backdoor number listed is closed.  I will try again tomorrow and update this post. Smiley Sad

I called - still getting the internal error- the rep I spoke to got the same error too!  After putting me on hold a few minutes he came back with the following reasons:

1. Length of time accounts established ( I should have known better)

2. bk , public record ( ch 13 dismissed in 2005 damn EQ )

3 credit score 702 ( happy to see I broke 700 even with all the apping)

4. Number of inq - (5 purchased a car earlier this year)

He was really nice and suggested to reapply in a month cause my score was descent enough - I just didn't have the length of time established/credit limits on revolving credit.  As long as I keep my util 6-9%, stop apping ...I can see it closer now.

Message 12 of 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

I called - still getting the internal error- the rep I spoke to got the same error too!  After putting me on hold a few minutes he came back with the following reasons:

1. Length of time accounts established ( I should have known better)

2. bk , public record ( ch 13 dismissed in 2005 damn EQ )

3 credit score 702 ( happy to see I broke 700 even with all the apping)

4. Number of inq - (5 purchased a car earlier this year)

He was really nice and suggested to reapply in a month cause my score was descent enough - I just didn't have the length of time established/credit limits on revolving credit.  As long as I keep my util 6-9%, stop apping ...I can see it closer now.

The good news to take away from this is that he told you want they want to see in order to approve you. So, garden away for a bit and then try again. Good luck!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.