Mega Contributor

Re: Should i Close discover it??

[ Edited ]

I cant believe we have to explain to a member that Discover is a keeper...........................

There are members getting declined left and right for this card and would trade all their subprimes for it!!!!!! Smiley Indifferent

ken_chenault222.jpg

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

+1

It costs you nothing to keep it open. The plus is simple, low CL or not its still an open CL and since you won't use it- it can only help your util.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

LS2982 wrote:

I cant believe we have to explain to a member that Discover is a keeper...........................

There are members getting declined left and right for this card and would trade all their subprimes for it!!!!!! Smiley Indifferent

[img]

It amazes me how much Discover's CEO looks like the exact guy I would imagine being CEO of Discover.

Scores: TU - 761 (Discover FICO - 6/30/2015), EQ - 775 (Citi FICO - 6/23/2015)
Current Cards: Amex BCE - 10k, NFCU cashRewards Sig - 8k, Discover It - 7k, Citi Dividend WE- 6.5k, Chase Freedom - 4k
Last App: 6/10/2014. In the garden for a few years.
Super Contributor

Think about it. Both freedom and IT have 5% gas quarters that dont overlap (afaik)

That gives you 6 months of 5% back on gas as opposed to 3.even if you just use it for that its a keeper.
;
Mega Contributor

JollehRoger wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

[img]

It amazes me how much Discover's CEO looks like the exact guy I would imagine being CEO of Discover.

DudE looks like he plays on the New York Rangers LMAO!!!

Only with a full set of teeth!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

Valued Contributor

Definitely keep it to maximize your rewards.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

You most definitely should keep your Discover card open. I'm surprised that you're actually considering closing it. Discover's online shopping portal, ShopDiscover, alone makes it worth it to have a Discover card.

Epic Contributor

What is limit of the Discover compared to these other cards and why does 3, 4 or 5 mean you can't have or keep the Discover?

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Regular Contributor

Actually you can use your DISCOVER IT card to get cash back amongst its retailers.

Apple offers 5% cash back.

I have 0% apr on balance transfer for 12 months on the recently pc'ed IT card. So I'll can tranfer the balance to my discover and pay it in my spare time.

(Remember the 5-20% cash back subject to the cap at the retailers Smiley Wink )

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.