Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i cancel these cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question

@Anonymous wrote:

What cards will you replace the current cards with and are your scores to the point of not needing to pay the fees?

My scores are in the mid 600's one baddie showing on my credit report which is a paid collection. Well i was just approved a JC Penny store card with a $650 credit limit so that will bassically cover both cards.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then

My personal opinion is that you should leave them and try and get some money refunded if possible. 

I had a similar situation when it came to Orchard Bank and I used HSBC for what I needed and packed my things up and left the building.  Use em and forget em if they charge you a special fee!!!Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the JCPenney Card!!!

TheTaxMan

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well then

Thx i think i will keep both cards until next year i will cancel both cards before they slap me with another annual fee.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 12-02-2008 08:20 PM
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure

that you remember to cancel these accounts when it is time for them to die.  I know a lot of these cards try and charge you a month early in order to screw you over.  Also, when you do cancel make sure to have a letter sent to you and keep it on file forever in case they ever try and act funny.

TheTaxMan

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just make sure

@Anonymous wrote:

that you remember to cancel these accounts when it is time for them to die.  I know a lot of these cards try and charge you a month early in order to screw you over.  Also, when you do cancel make sure to have a letter sent to you and keep it on file forever in case they ever try and act funny.

Well it looks like i will be keeping my first premier now . Hooters closed my account.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 12-02-2008 08:50 PM
Message 15 of 20
Phrostbyte

Re: Should i cancel these cards

Why would you pay for a service you don't even use (let alone pay for a credit card at all)? Doesn't make sense to me.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phrostbyte wrote:
Why would you pay for a service you don't even use (let alone pay for a credit card at all)? Doesn't make sense to me.

Cause i can't get approved for a credit card without a annual fee you think i like paying fees lol
Message 17 of 20
Phrostbyte

Are you a student by any chance?
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

hyprble had it right:  call and ask them to waive the fee or you'll take your business elsewhere.  But be nice about it; even small companies often have enough customers to let nasty ones go.  Also, charge something small every few months so the cards don't become inactive.  Remember, CCCs make money from merchants when you use their products, not just from fees that you pay them.
Message 19 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Have you read this yet? It might help you think some of this stuff through:

Closing Credit Cards
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.