Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i close these accounts

tag
xchap
Contributor

Should i close these accounts

Direct Merchant CC for $1800.  24.99% should i cancel them? ask for lower apr and an CLI? 4 years old

Juniper CC   $500. 27.74%                     """                           ?    "                                    ? 3 years old

OrchardBank  $1800. 18.90%                """                          ?     ""                                  ? 4 yrs old

they are all $ 0 balance

i have now   addison 10k  5.24%              2k  balance        1 month old

mcu  14k 9.15%                   11k  balance       1 month old

BOA  13k  15.99%                0 balance            1 years old

carecredit  13K                      0 balance           5 years old

amex blue  $2200  17.99%     0 balance            2 years old

union plus  $2600  20.99%     0 balance            2 years old

chase(was circuit city card)  4k  17.99%    0 balance    3 years old

Message Edited by xchap on 09-04-2009 03:07 PM
Message Edited by xchap on 09-10-2009 05:20 PM

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should i close these accounts

You failed to mention how old the higher CL and prime CCC's are.

If your builder cards are substantially older (by 2 years or more) than the other accounts, then I would suggest keeping 1 or 2 that had no AF.  The rates really mean nothing unless you carry a balance.  But you will want the extra 2 years age down the road.  If you close, those TL's are gone in 10 years (or less sometimes) and that dings the AAoA and oldest account age factors.

Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Keep all the cards and always PIF. You never know how long closed accounts stay on your reports. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard -close

Direct Merchant - close

Barclay/ Juniper - close

I'm not a big proponent of closing cards; however, rebuilders need to be cut loose at sometime point in time.  Perhaps cut then loose after 4 years... if not now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.