cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i consider opening Secured cc with DCU?

tag
wilson382
New Contributor

Re: Should i consider opening Secured cc with DCU?

I have 18k limit in 4 credit cards with less than 15% utiliization ratio and 2 personal loans with balance around 13k. also 14k students. maybe they are counting my student loans as debt. while other creditors aren't.
Message 11 of 14
wilson382
New Contributor

unfortunately I don't have a nearby branch in new York. I heard dcu is located some where in the mid states.
Message 12 of 14
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I wouldnt waste my time when there are other CU's out there... they are a bit on the consevative side, and youve already been flagged for being self-employed/not initially submitting pay stubs and tax returns.... Go to another CU who is a bit more willing to take a chance..... I wouldnt bother with a secured card, perhaps a CD or something in savings even though it doesnt make much interest but no on the secured card...

You already have other loans with them.. If they dont trust you with a CC... well... thats their problem, not yours, and you shouldnt waste time trying to get an "in" just for another product... 

-J

Message 13 of 14
wilson382
New Contributor

@joltdude no I don't have any loans with DCU. I only have checking/saving with with little money in it.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.