Should i dump them or no?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Should i dump them or no?

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Due you even know what subprime means.
Yes many if their cards are sub prime. People with score under 680. But many are prime time. Venture and quicksilver. You think that 39 af means something? You will earn that. 6 times over. Try and justify amex. Platinum af. 450. Yikes. Weak argument. My point still remains.

First, let me be clear.  Prime or sub prime: the difference could mean a low APR or one that's through the roof.  I could care less about lender as long as they treat me right and I can get a decent credit line with some decent rewards.  I have no issue whatsoever with Cap 1.  But this is not about me.  This is about the OP and whatever issue they might have with Cap 1.  I was merely suggesting that IF the card was sub prime, that might be their sticking point, as I've read in other forums that lenders look for sub prime and count that against you.  Second, yes that $39 AF means a whole lot for two cards which have non AF counterparts which have the EXACT SAME BENEFITS.  My point was never an argument and it still stands.

Right, but one of the OPs complaints was the look of the card.  And while I never care about this, I know that people do, but in the CAp One case this is more easily fixed than with almost any other card.   But yes, trying to get rid of the AF is the way to go.   And as many of us have said, the QS isn't just OK, it's probably the best in that space (rewards post with each transaction, no minimum redeption, no FTF).   And you can change the image every month!

Message 21 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

Longtimelurker wrote. 

Right, but one of the OPs complaints was the look of the card. And while I never care about this, I know that people do, but in the CAp One case this is more easily fixed than with almost any other card. But yes, trying to get rid of the AF is the way to go. And as many of us have said, the QS isn't just OK, it's probably the best in that space (rewards post with each transaction, no minimum redeption, no FTF). And you can change the image every month!

+1

Message 22 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

The other day poster wrote she wanted picture of her cat on amex. Said it had roman soldier. Outdated. Reminds her of her grandfather. 

Insaid I you serious. Did you get for benefits or look. She said the look. Omg. 

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

The other day poster wrote she wanted picture of her cat on amex. Said it had roman soldier. Outdated. Reminds her of her grandfather. 

OMG, I'm dying.  How old is her grandfather? Lol....Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Longtimelurker wrote. 

Right, but one of the OPs complaints was the look of the card. And while I never care about this, I know that people do, but in the CAp One case this is more easily fixed than with almost any other card. But yes, trying to get rid of the AF is the way to go. And as many of us have said, the QS isn't just OK, it's probably the best in that space (rewards post with each transaction, no minimum redeption, no FTF). And you can change the image every month!

+1

Apologies!  I just reread the original posts.  But the OP can get a custom image with QS and I read that the custom image one has raised numbers. (I know I posted this somewhere already).  Ahh, the side effects of getting older, lol.

Message 25 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well when I read that. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard. 

Message 26 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Longtimelurker wrote. 

+1

Apologies!  I just reread the original posts.  But the OP can get a custom image with QS and I read that the custom image one has raised numbers. (I know I posted this somewhere already).  Ahh, the side effects of getting older, lol.

Yes, the custom image cards have raised numbers.   So the generic one is presumably produced as cheaply as possible (and it shows!) but the portion that cares can change it.  Be interesting (slightly!) to know what percentage bother to change the image.

Message 27 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

A large number of people here do care about the look, something I do not understand as I spend no time looking at my credit cards, but I understand, that for whatever unfortunate reason, some poeple value looks ("it's meeeetalll!!!!") highly.

But then others think only total losers would spend a lot of time in credit card forums!  (And they are wrong too...)

Message 28 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

For m e it's about improving my credit profile. Over all. So yes. Im a loser if information I seek is here. Wealth of knowledge in this forum. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.