Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i dump them or no?

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Should i dump them or no?

SO .... i am wondering if i should dump my old Cap 1 cards for something newer? Preferrable not Crap1

I currently have 2 QuickSilver One cards : With very small balances on them ..... 

One opened August of 2012, the other opened August of 2010. (Each has a 40$ AF)

Cap1 - AAug-12$146This is an account in good standingCredit Limit: 3500
Cap1 - BAug-10$11This is an account in good standingCredit Limit: 3000

Currently my AAoA is ~3 years.

I want to get a better card that is well, only 1 card rather then having two empty cards i am paying AF on....

What would be a good rewards replacement for these cards? 

My scores are as below ... 

Thanks for the input! 

Would it be best to keep these at the 80$/yr AF or get a new card that gives good rewards on travel that i wouldnt be embarassed to use.... and degrade my AAoA a little? 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Should i dump them or no?

Have you contacted EO for an CLI for an upgrade to World MC and AF removal?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 29
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Have you tried contacting the EO to get the af removed, upgrade to the QS and a cli? Why would you be embarrassed to use it?
625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 29
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

they JUST PC these to the  stupid quicksilver ONE a couple months aso.... they probably wont PC again so soon i dont think... when is that time frame?

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 29
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

The quicksilver one card to me is think and junkey .... numbers are already wearing off..... looks cheap to be honest.... one of my cards has never been swiped and the numbers are wearing off..... 

EDIT: 

Also - the company i worked for had me get an amex back in 2008, if i was to join them, would i get backdated? It was a company card, but i still had to apply and all that junk. 

Message 5 of 29
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Are there any cards out there with some sweet bonus's without outrageous limitations like spending 10k in the first 3 months lol

Message 6 of 29
js0319
Established Contributor

You're eligible for a CLI every 6 months. You can contact Cap1 through Facebook, and they can more than likely reimburse you for the AF. With a $3k CL, you may be able to PC to the VentureOne card (no AF), or with a $5k CL you may be able to PC to the Venture card (AF). Signature versions must have a minimum of a $5k CL. I'd say you're not doing to bad if your limits are already over $3k. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 7 of 29
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Well like i said, the limits arent the problem, the problem is the card itself and the AF.... 

I am probably just going to sit on them for now...... how often can you do PC again? I can kind of do the whole "I was told it was going to be quicksilver, not quicksilver one" deal

Message 8 of 29
driverr

Just contact them through facebook and ask for the af to be waived..I think lately cap one is doing better, just got a 2000 cli through luv button yesterday on my quicksilver one!

Message 9 of 29
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@GoodCredBen wrote:

Well like i said, the limits arent the problem, the problem is the card itself and the AF.... 

I am probably just going to sit on them for now...... how often can you do PC again? I can kind of do the whole "I was told it was going to be quicksilver, not quicksilver one" deal

The EO said you can PC every 6 months, but sometimes they can help you PC sooner. If you can get the card CLI'd to 5k you might even be able to get the WMC version. I'd keep on them about the AF. I asked every single time that I contacted them, and I contacted them a lot since November, and eventually I went from the Plat to the QS1 and now I have the QS WMC. It is possible with persistence.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.