cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i get Barclay card or stay with discover it?

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Should i get Barclay card or stay with discover it?

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

I would hold off Barclay app.  Discover is running double bonus now for a year.  QS has no FTF also.

Yes thats what I'm thinking. thanks! But i need one travel card, what do you think is the best?

I use my Amex plat for my travel perks.  But I travel a lot and abroad so the $450 annual fee pays for it self.  

Venture or CSP are good travel cards.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What kind of Barclay card and for what purpose? SM for groceries/gas/amazon? Rewards for utilities (I think?) Or just to 'get' a Barclay card? 

In CA both Barclay and Discover pull TU, which may be why you asked the way you did. I think Barclay pulls TU pretty much always, but I think some other places, Discover pulls EQ. That could have a bearing on your decision as well. 

I just applied for Discover IT and they pulled experian and Im in Southern California just fyi...

I guess mine is not, I have EX monitoring but i don't see Discover thing on my inquiries. So probably either TU or EQ.

Message 12 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

I say don't over do it too soon like me. my scores should be much higher had i been patient and not applied for everything that i could get. as that barclays is not going anywhere. i know most here will think more is better. and in some cases they are correct. but also taking your time. will benefit your score in the long run. evidence is in my siggy. my eq and ex low because both have 17 inquries in last 2 years. and tu higher because it only has 11 inquiries in last 2 years. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

I say don't over do it too soon like me. my scores should be much higher had i been patient and not applied for everything that i could get. as that barclays is not going anywhere. i know most here will think more is better. and in some cases they are correct. but also taking your time. will benefit your score in the long run. evidence is in my siggy. my eq and ex low because both have 17 inquries in last 2 years. and tu higher because it only has 11 inquiries in last 2 years. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Yea you're rght, because right now before i start gardening i want to get at least 1 good travel card. and i was thinking about CSP, but i'm worried that my last inquiry is not 6 mos yet. and my highest limit i have on my cards was $6000.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What kind of Barclay card and for what purpose? SM for groceries/gas/amazon? Rewards for utilities (I think?) Or just to 'get' a Barclay card? 

In CA both Barclay and Discover pull TU, which may be why you asked the way you did. I think Barclay pulls TU pretty much always, but I think some other places, Discover pulls EQ. That could have a bearing on your decision as well. 

I just applied for Discover IT and they pulled experian and Im in Southern California just fyi...

I guess mine is not, I have EX monitoring but i don't see Discover thing on my inquiries. So probably either TU or EQ.

Sign up for Credit Karma.  They should be able to tell you whether Discover pulled TU or EQ.  I'm in SoCal as well, Discover pulled EQ for me.

As far as Barclay goes, look into the Sallie Mae Mastercard.  It'll compliment you well and actually take the place of your Blue Cash Everyday AND Cash Rewards.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sign up for Credit Karma.  They should be able to tell you whether Discover pulled TU or EQ.  I'm in SoCal as well, Discover pulled EQ for me.

As far as Barclay goes, look into the Sallie Mae Mastercard.  It'll compliment you well and actually take the place of your Blue Cash Everyday AND Cash Rewards.

I do have CK, It didn't update yet for inquiries. And with regards to cards, i'll guess just gonna get CSP.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.