Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i try my luck on WF?

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Should i try my luck on WF?

Ive been banking with them for 3 years now, my oldest credit card is the Wells Fargo College Card which is 3 years also. The CL started at $700, then $1,200 in about a year, then $1900 about 6-7 months ago, all soft pulls i believe. I do believe the requirement was to be in college to get this card but I wasnt when the clerk applied for me. Should I try for a PC? Will the CL ever go higher?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Should i try my luck on WF?

I wouldnt bother trying to PC.. not sure theyd do it.. .. See what your scores are and consider trying a few prequals to "feel out"... id just get another card from one of the major lenders... pretty sure the WF is a "dead end card".... you could try for a CLI but im pretty sure its the end of SPs for awhile... 

Correction: Have you tried for a 3x 61day CLI on your Amex? I wouldnt apply for a new card... might consider trying some CLIs but im pretty sure your not gonna get too much further with the WF card.. might get a CLI on it however?

-J

Message 2 of 5
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

I wouldnt bother trying to PC.. not sure theyd do it.. .. See what your scores are and consider trying a few prequals to "feel out"... id just get another card from one of the major lenders... pretty sure the WF is a "dead end card".... you could try for a CLI but im pretty sure its the end of SPs for awhile... 

Correction: Have you tried for a 3x 61day CLI on your Amex? I wouldnt apply for a new card... might consider trying some CLIs but im pretty sure your not gonna get too much further with the WF card.. might get a CLI on it however?

-J

I got amex about 1 year and a half ago , tried the 61day cli but only got about 500cl increase , got a increase around the last days of july

, dont know if i should wait for another soft pull or request a increase?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 3 of 5
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Think you have to wait untill near the end of Feb to try again.. not knowing exact dates...(im trying to do the guestimate in my head)

When did you request CLI's on your other cards...

(Trying to think which ones id go for.. Yes the WF would be ideal to get a CLI but they are on the conservative pain in the backside side of the spectrum)...

American Eagle might be one to try to up.. and I think the Paypal Extras is also by Syncrony Bank)..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/CLI-from-Synchrony/td-p/3511067

Think its a SOFT PULL... ..If you use the LUV button or the automated phone system, not so sure about Credit Solutions however..  I wouldnt up the chase untill after you bring the Amex up some more)... (by upping these limits with SP's you still make yourself look good for Amex and eventually Chase)..

quote MustangSaluki

Amex CLI policy is 

1) NO CLI within 60 days since account opening. Interpretation -> 61st day is 1st eligible CLI date

2) NO CLI within 6 months since last CLI (In reality it is 180 days and not 6 calendar months). Interpretation -> 181st day is 1st eligible CLI date.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=01&d1=19&y1=2013&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=181

Love to hear what others would do though... I know id try for some Synchrony love, however small, then another round with Amex... but that WF card is the big ? mark...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SteveUrkel wrote:

Ive been banking with them for 3 years now, my oldest credit card is the Wells Fargo College Card which is 3 years also. The CL started at $700, then $1,200 in about a year, then $1900 about 6-7 months ago, all soft pulls i believe. I do believe the requirement was to be in college to get this card but I wasnt when the clerk applied for me. Should I try for a PC? Will the CL ever go higher?

I had one of those student cards with WF, after couple years of perfect payments, they automatically upgraded me for the regular cash back rewards card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.