Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i try some more apps?

tag
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Should i try some more apps?

Im about to close the low end cards on my signature and just was approved for those 4 prime cards this week. I also have 1 local credit union left that i took out a loan and paid fully back last year, i think i have a good shot at them for a nice mastercard. I don't want to push it because im very happy so far but i do want to get the most out of it if i still can before i garden. From what i can see is from the 4 cards i just got 2 of them pulled my Equifax(USAA + DCU), NFCU pulled my TU, and i dont know what the Freedom pulled. So it looks like i don't have that many if any pulls on my experian. Any suggestions or help with what im doing? AMEX, Discover it, Citi Simplicity, etc. its very obvious to me that i have really fixed my scores. Also don't worry about me not being able to handle my credit, this i can do with ease. Thanks any help would be great.

P.S. can u look at my small cards and tell me if i should close the Orch Bank which is now Cap1 for $400 limit or what to do with it?

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Should i try some more apps?

How old is the Orch account? What are the fees on the Cred1?

Message 2 of 44
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

How old is the Orch account? What are the fees on the Cred1?

The orch and cred1 are about the same year and a half old. Right now now fees for the year on either card, they tried to hit me with an annual fee but i called and they took it off next year will get annual fees on them.

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
Message 3 of 44
alvon123
Super Contributor

I would only keep them open until the fees become due again and then I would close them.  by that time you will have at least 2 or more years of credit history added to your account.

Message 4 of 44
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

I would only keep them open until the fees become due again and then I would close them.  by that time you will have at least 2 or more years of credit history added to your account.

I do have other long history from being added as an Auth user. 

I was always wondering how do people get those pics of there cards on there signatures, i want that too?

Yeah i can keep them open for no fees then close them.

Message 5 of 44
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Discover usually pulls EQ/TU, Chase may have pulled your Ex ( they did for me) or you may have been double pulled. American Express normally pulls EX, but you could be triple pulled.

Before you rush out an app based on which bureau, you might want to decide what you are looking for ; apping just for the sake of apping without a plan is not a good idea.

For the pics in your siggy, review this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Profile-tweaks/td-p/1864003
Message 6 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Or just close it now.   Your new cards have a CL of $26.5K.   There is no way that $400 limit is doing anything useful for utilization, I would get rid of it, if nothing else to avoid  discussions on AF next year.

Message 7 of 44
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Discover usually pulls EQ/TU, Chase may have pulled your Ex ( they did for me) or you may have been double pulled. American Express normally pulls EX, but you could be triple pulled.

Before you rush out an app based on which bureau, you might want to decide what you are looking for ; apping just for the sake of apping without a plan is not a good idea.

For the pics in your siggy, review this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Profile-tweaks/td-p/1864003

Well i dont have a special plan, a plan would be great. I don't want to apply to much if it could cause me headaches later. So far anything more is way more than expected, the more credit i have the easier it is for me to manuver. 

Message 8 of 44
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know if it would be to much to ask these CU's to refinance my auto loan i took out 5 months ago? I'm paying 13% which is rediculous and still owe $12,800, i already asked them and it will be another hardpull even though they just ran my card? 

I also have the option of paying off the car then going for a collateral loan too if necessary. It feels like im getting robbed and my credit was not even close when i got this loan.

Message 9 of 44
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

DCU will use the same hp if you were just approved. Whether or not it will be approved would depend on the equity in your car.
Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.