cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i wait for inquiry to fall off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should i wait for inquiry to fall off?

@pip3man wrote:

OP I'm a firm believer of calling in and asking for an early deletion. If u get a good rep, they'll help u out. I never knew it was possible till it happened to me with EQUIFAX. I went from 18 to 2 inquiries from a phone call. So give it a try and btw EQ seems very easy for me. I tried with TU & EX but it was a no go...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1) Did you claim the inq weren't legit, why would they removed legit inq?

2) Does the lender have to agree or is it done outside of their reach/input?

Message 11 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

OP I'm a firm believer of calling in and asking for an early deletion. If u get a good rep, they'll help u out. I never knew it was possible till it happened to me with EQUIFAX. I went from 18 to 2 inquiries from a phone call. So give it a try and btw EQ seems very easy for me. I tried with TU & EX but it was a no go...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1) Did you claim the inq weren't legit, why would they removed legit inq?

2) Does the lender have to agree or is it done outside of their reach/input?

As far as I know inquiries arent something one can really dispute cos it's a factual record. And I think the bureaus have the ability to remove them without the involvement of the lender. My situation was very odd... I had called EQ for some unrelated issue and in the process I asked about the inquiries that were scheduled to fall off soon. The very nice lady I got said she "would be happy to take care of them." Jokingly I told her to take care of everything and then she laughed, places me on hold and returns 2mins later with a confirmation #. At first I thought it was all BS but few days later, I got the dispute completed notification email. I went in, checked and it was all gone. At first the Macys inquiry of 05/06 was still there but I've also noticed it somehow disappeared along with the rest and I'm not complaining. Maybe that particular lady was a new employee who didn't know how it works or EQ may have changed/relaxed their policy regarding early deletion of inquiries or the rep was just a SUPER NICE person that was very willing to help. These are the only possible explanations I could think of.

Message 12 of 20
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re:   "While I'm at it I might see if I can get some old collections accounts removed :-)"

That is a matter best taken up with the original creditor/ debt holder. You can request verification of the debt but you risk updated info on the neg. acct.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 13 of 20
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Some creditors can and will voluntarily remove inquires as a courtesy/ illegitimate pull/ request. Most will not though.

YMMV

Macys and bloomies removed 4 inquires for me because of the frackus to citi.

I had to speak to the "executive" office re: the conversion and mistakes.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrcrisp023 wrote:
Awesome ima try it! Thanks.

Please don't call and get anything deleted or disputed until you close on your house. You don't want to risk your underwriter pulling your credit again and seeing anything that could potentially harm your closing. 

Message 15 of 20
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

I'm def not going to dispute, I spend a lot of time in the fall preparing for my mortgage getting disputes removed from my report.  I'm just going to make it clear that I would like the inquiries removed if possible, and not disputed.  Weird thing is, when I was trying to get my disputes removed from my Experian and Equifax reports, they actually ended up deleting the collections accounts all together.  Not that I'm complaining!

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrcrisp023 wrote:

I'm def not going to dispute, I spend a lot of time in the fall preparing for my mortgage getting disputes removed from my report.  I'm just going to make it clear that I would like the inquiries removed if possible, and not disputed.  Weird thing is, when I was trying to get my disputes removed from my Experian and Equifax reports, they actually ended up deleting the collections accounts all together.  Not that I'm complaining!

Ok I'm just making sure because as we all no the CRA's have people working from other countries and they tend to misunderstand what we request. I've had them add disputes for me calling just to inqure when and item was going to drop off my file. 

Message 17 of 20
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@mrcrisp023 wrote:

1. Congrats on the house.

2. How do you get disputes removed from your CR? 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 20
mrcrisp023
Frequent Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Go a few posts down to ShaneTheMortgageMan.  He explains it in detail and it worked for me on every one of them.

Capital One SavorOne: $3000 / Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $500 / Mission Lane: $1500 / Merrick: $2000 / CreditOne Amex: $850

Starting 09/2022 MyFico 08: EQ 648 / TU 659 / EX 644
Current MyFico 08: EQ 665 / TU 670 / EX 670

2024 EOY Goal: 750
Message 19 of 20
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@mrcrisp023 wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Go a few posts down to ShaneTheMortgageMan.  He explains it in detail and it worked for me on every one of them.

Thank you! What if the dispute was done years/months ago or has been resolved/closed, can I still end it and have the comment removed? 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.