cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should she accept it or not?

Senior Contributor

Should she accept it or not?

Old Navy VISA upgrade is coming soon since in april marks her 1 yr anniversary since acct was open and has gotten from $400 to $1,300. She plans to request another cli on April and hoping ot receive that VISA upgrade pop up/offer since its close to $2000 and well ive heard of stories were they offer upgrade when you get the 1 year since acct has been open with constant cli close to the $2k. SO if it does happen should she accept it? I mean she will now be able ot use anywhere not just old navy, BB, GAP, athleta or piperlime. And what are the goods and bads of accepting?   Thanks. Same goes for AE upgrade.

Banking with CBofTV, and HSBC.
First Premier CC $500, Discover IT Secured $200, Neiman Marcus $1,500
Chapter 7 BK Discharged on 7/11/16
Equifax, Experian, Transunion, and ChexSystem are FROZEN.
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Mega Contributor

Re: Should she accept it or not?


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Old Navy VISA upgrade is coming soon since in april marks her 1 yr anniversary since acct was open and has gotten from $400 to $1,300. She plans to request another cli on April and hoping ot receive that VISA upgrade pop up/offer since its close to $2000 and well ive heard of stories were they offer upgrade when you get the 1 year since acct has been open with constant cli close to the $2k. SO if it does happen should she accept it? I mean she will now be able ot use anywhere not just old navy, BB, GAP, athleta or piperlime. And what are the goods and bads of accepting?   Thanks. Same goes for AE upgrade.


GE upgrades are more associated on usage, how long the account has been opened, your credit file and payment history, not CL. From what I've heard they like to bunch alot of cardholders who are eligible up twice a year and do them like that then individually upgrade.

 

As far as whether its a good or bad thing I'd take it. You don't know if they'll offer it again on a SP ever. You almost always get a CLI when you accept and its very convienant to throw in with your other bankcards and use according to your statement cut off date, gives you more flexibility to PIF.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Should she accept it or not?

Ohh okay good now thats clear, so if it were to occur she should accept it right?

Banking with CBofTV, and HSBC.
First Premier CC $500, Discover IT Secured $200, Neiman Marcus $1,500
Chapter 7 BK Discharged on 7/11/16
Equifax, Experian, Transunion, and ChexSystem are FROZEN.
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 3 of 7
Mega Contributor

Re: Should she accept it or not?


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Ohh okay good now thats clear, so if it were to occur she should accept it right?


I would. There's really no harm in it other than a new account, and I also noticed that the store card account reports as transferred not closed. It will affect your AAoA a little but no INQ just new account.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Should she accept it or not?

So it wont post on the Closed acct's category. What do you mean by "transferred"

Banking with CBofTV, and HSBC.
First Premier CC $500, Discover IT Secured $200, Neiman Marcus $1,500
Chapter 7 BK Discharged on 7/11/16
Equifax, Experian, Transunion, and ChexSystem are FROZEN.
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 5 of 7
Mega Contributor

Re: Should she accept it or not?


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

So it wont post on the Closed acct's category. What do you mean by "transferred"


It is a closed account but I notice on EQ/TU they categorized it as "transferred". A credit analyst will see it as a closed account but will probably pick up on it also as an upgraded account with the same type TL reporting for the newly upgraded credit card.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Should she accept it or not?

Ohh okay got it! Thanks!! LS2982

Banking with CBofTV, and HSBC.
First Premier CC $500, Discover IT Secured $200, Neiman Marcus $1,500
Chapter 7 BK Discharged on 7/11/16
Equifax, Experian, Transunion, and ChexSystem are FROZEN.
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 7 of 7