Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we get a store card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should we get a store card?

Okay, so we've done lots of work on DH's baddies. We just have that one paid medical collection on there (doing HIPAA now), and it still reports as late for his CS (can't get them to change it), which we pay every month. But he has a really good PAID AS AGREED old car loan on there, and his SL looks good too. We have a CapOne (500 CL), a Chase (500 CL), and a First Premier (200 CL). These are all only about a year old, no lates at all.

We would really like to get a mortgage sometime... maybe not so soon, but sometime.

My FAKOs are all about 675. DH's are all between 600-650. What is our best option for looking good for a loan? A store card or gas card? I feel like an idiot... I just don't know but don't want to get all credit-card stupid and apply for everything.  And I don't want a bunch of hits for nothing. 

Please help!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Should we get a store card?

I can advise nothing regarding gas card, I have never had one, but I like my Macy's accounts.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should we get a store card?

I also recommend Macy's. They're easy to get and generous with their cli's. Gas cards are sort of hazardous anymore. I have a Valero with a $700 cl, which works just fine in the podunk little town I now live in. But if I was still in Los Angeles, $700 wouldn't last one month. I can easily imagine going over your limit without even realizing it.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.