Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoulda apped Hooters before Orchard!

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Shoulda apped Hooters before Orchard!

I'm kicking myself b/c I got approved for a NO ANNUAL FEE Hooters card about 2 weeks after accepting a $39 AF Orchard.

I feel like calling Orchard up and telling 'em to shove it, but I already payed the $39 online!

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RichieNY
Contributor

Re: Shoulda apped Hooters before Orchard!

hmmmmm interesting I got a FP and a Crown Jewelers account my fico jumped to 590

I wonder if I'd get approved for hooters

Message 2 of 9
RichieNY
Contributor

Looks like to me they only check transunion

merck bank on behalf of hooters

sucks, I got denied

my transunion is over 600 but I guess my baddies from 04 scared them

ugh

Message 3 of 9
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Pazuzu, Do you mind me asking what your Orchard Limit is? My annual fee is $79. I got the card a year ago with a $500 limit. In October they raised my limit to $600 b.c I'd asked. Just yesterday I called to ask about another CLI and got it raised to $800, but it cost me $30 to do it.  I'm wondering if with history there's a way to get the annual fee reduced and/or eliminated.

I also have a Hooters Card. I applied for it in October. My limit is $500.  They are not willing to give you credit limits just because you ask for one or have history. And in fact, they do not take cli requests. They independently review your acct monthly and decide whether you should get increases. I'm not counting on them giving me an increase anytime soon based on this policy. 

Orchard has been very good to me and is willing to grow with me. In another 6 months I can call for another credit limit increase that will hopefully take me to $1000 and may not cost anything because at that point I won't care if they pull my credit or not.  My scores will all be solidly in the mid to high 600 range.  The reason the cli cost me was because the computer spit out a number at that cost. If I had authorized the rep to check my credit I could have been denied. I wasn't sure my current credit profile was strong enough.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is give Orchard a chance. They've really been a Godsend to me.  Orchard and Cap One, who's giving me a credit limit increase at the end of my next statement for a total line of $750, are the best cards I have right now. If I could return one card, it would likely be the Hooters. 

11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 4 of 9
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Sorry RichieNY. When I got approved for the Hooters Card, al my scores except for EQ were in the high 500's. I think all my collections had been removed at that point.  Maybe you can call for a recon?  But as you'll see from my post above, it may be a blessing in disguise. I'm not that happy with the Hooter's Card. It doesn't seem like a card that will grow with you.  My two pennies.
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 5 of 9
RichieNY
Contributor

It has to be the baddies because all of my scores are around 600

ughh

I just re-established new credit nd its all in good standing FP and crown jewelers....I will call them for a re-consideration....I will wait till I receive the letter

UNLESS someone has their contact info

THANKS

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how they pick and choose. I was just approved for a hooters card with a 500 limit, its has an annual fee of 35 dollars, my score is only 571 TU, and i just started re-establishing myself bringing all accounts current MD December.
Message 7 of 9
RichieNY
Contributor

lol

wow

how the hell was I denied

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RichieNY wrote:

how the hell was I denied

As I read on this forum, Hooters will automatically deny you if you

(1) don't have at least 2 other tradelines reporting (it's not sufficient that you have them, they must report to the credit bureau that they pull) or

(2) have a new mortgage (last 4 years).

Does any of those two points fit your situation?

Message Edited by Ulan on 02-09-2009 09:51 PM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.