Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shredding credit card preapprovals

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Shredding credit card preapprovals

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

It turns out our town's refuse center has a small building dedicated to shredding of confidential documents. The staff does it, but the industry-size machine is right next to the bin where you drop it off, which is next to by the parking spaces. Close enough that you can see it close up, but not so close that any harm can come to you. It's always done the same day and usually almost right away depending on the staff person's workload. I'm pretty sure I would feel okay with this. $10 for a box and $35 for a garbage can.

keyword "staff"

i burn all my stuff in my fireplace.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

If you happen to have a short drive out to the country a burning barrel does the trick.

Done this many times myself. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Can you trust your UPS store or Staples with your personal stuff to be shredded? They say it's secure, but they outsource it to some company not on location.

Im glad to know Im not the only paranoid person out there about this!!!  Last year, I had several pounds of shredding, old cc receipts, etc from the last 20 years, and I hired a shredder company that was licensed and bonded that brought the shredder truck to my driveway, and I watch everything go in on the monitor outside, and saw everything getting shredded, and then tossed around in the inside of the truck like clothes in a dryer.  I do not take chances....ever..I wouldnt take it to any place that outsources it.  I want to see it with my own eyes. 

Pizza - What did it cost for the truck to come to you? Must have been a few pennies but worth the piece of mind.

it was $99 for the first Trash buggy thing, and then $49 for each one after that.  I filled up 2 trash cans, so roughly $150 to shred 20 years worth of stuff, LOL... worth it for me!!! I think they were called Pro Shredders??  I can look to be sure...

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.