Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick BT offers on moms Chase cards.

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Sick BT offers on moms Chase cards.

Cards are about 6 months old. Below is a pic of CSP. her marriott has a bt offer also but only goes until 06/2017, same 2% fee. 22k cl on both, hoping to get Hyatt and Ritz in the next week before the 5/24 rule goes into effect for the co-branded cards. then consolidating for a massive 50k+ line in the future.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.36.28 PM.png

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Sick BT offers on moms Chase cards.

that's awesome! with all my chase cards, the balance transfer feature never works. Except when I had Freedom/Slate in their starting phases. 

Message 2 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Just remember, can not use the card with BT, unless 0% on purchases as well.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I had that come up on a SW Premier card early last year. I have received NADA since.

Congrats

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 10
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

I just took advantage of a similar offer a few days ago for my Amazon Visa. 0 percent until 6/17 with a 3 percent fee. I also had a good one from Discover, 4.99 percent for 18 months with no fee and funds deposited directly into my checking account, I transferred 1,600, it's like a personal loan with a really good rate.

Message 5 of 10
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

yeah, using the CSP for balance transfer is like taking a sportscar to grocery shopping. You could, but that's really what it's meant for.

Message 6 of 10
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Cards are about 6 months old. Below is a pic of CSP. her marriott has a bt offer also but only goes until 06/2017, same 2% fee. 22k cl on both, hoping to get Hyatt and Ritz in the next week before the 5/24 rule goes into effect for the co-branded cards. then consolidating for a massive 50k+ line in the future.

Very nice...  I always have a BT offer on my Barclay Sallie Mae.  I had one until 5/2017 and a 1% BT fee that I let expire yesterday (was hoping for it to reissue with a longer duration)...  That one went away since it had to post by 4/4, and a new one that goes until 10/2017 at 2% popped up.  Might take use of that one as a mini personal loan.  

I love Barclays offers because you can still use the card for purchases and you only have to pay the purchase amounts like normal (with grace period) to avoid interest.

I always have an offer on my Freedom, but they typically are for 3% BT fee and a shorter period of time than my Sallie Mae - but that's a pretty good offer that your mother received!

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 7 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Just remember, can not use the card with BT, unless 0% on purchases as well.

No, you can, in fact, use the card for regular charges if it is a CSP, Slate, or Freedom.

Set up auto payment to pay Minimum Payment.

Use the Blueprint payment options to select to Full Pay new charges in selected categories, all categories recommended. This picks off all your new charges, adds them to the Blueprint payment auto payment.

Add a Finish It amount to add more to the auto payment, pay down the BT automatically.

The Blueprint is not available for co-branded Chase, but regular Chase cards, yeah, spend is OK on a BT.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

interesting to see these chase bt offers. they dont give me any. Cap1 and 5/3 bank have bt offers galore but nothing for me and chase. 

Message 9 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I had that come up on a SW Premier card early last year. I have received NADA since.

Congrats

Same for me on British Airways. Had an offer but didn't take it....zilch since.

All other cards that I have taken BT offers on continue to offer me BT all the time. 

Sick offer indeed, OP Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.