Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of being turned down - Secured Card Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sick of being turned down - Secured Card Help

I applied for a Wells Fargo secured card since I have banked with them for 4 years.  I was turned down.  My scores all hover around the high 500s to low 600s.  Anyone have advice for a secured card that doens't have TONS of fees?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sick of being turned down - Secured Card Help

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a Wells Fargo secured card since I have banked with them for 4 years.  I was turned down.  My scores all hover around the high 500s to low 600s.  Anyone have advice for a secured card that doens't have TONS of fees?

http://www.publicsavings.com/

If I was looking for a Secured card, this is the one I would take, when I look at all factors. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

Your scores are not high enough.  You are hurting your score by applying for more credit.  You have to manage the credit you already have and get the scores higher.  You want your FICO scores to be in the 700's so that you can get good deals when you apply for new cards.
Message 4 of 8
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

They turned me down like 21/2 years ago. The reasons made no sense since it was a secured card. I received a BOA card and my scores were low 500's when I received it. 
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

a local credit union is you best bet, just make sure to all ex eq tumine dosn't report tu but I'm not building credit9 0ut 10 it won't require inqury since your freezing money that's already in the bank
Message 6 of 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I am not sure that public savings secured card reporting to CRA, which is very important in this case.

I would like to second   rbbyrbsn's advice and go to CU way. There are tons of CU secured cards with reasonable APR and small or no fees.

Good Luck.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Public Savings Bank secured card reports to all three bureaus.  Hope this clears things up!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.