Siggy and Non Siggy

What's the difference?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Re: Siggy and Non Siggy

Perks.

Below are some of the perks of have a VISA Signature.

• Extended warranty protection
  • Travel and emergency assistance
  • Auto rental collision damage waiver
  • Lost luggage reimbursement
  •  Concierge service, roadside dispatch
AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 2 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

Visa Signature - Can Report on your credit reports as a Flexible Spending Account. Meaning, the bank at their discretion can allow you to go over your limit with no penalty no you. You do have to pay that over spend off though and they can chose to let you go over or not. Some banks don't let you though.

Visa Signature also can get you upgrades, free movie tickets, travel perks, etc.

They look a little nicer too Smiley Happy haha 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the exclusions and limitations before you rely on anything. Be aware that you have to pay to use some benefits.

Visa Signature gets a lot of attention around here, but I personally think the benefits are overrated.

Message 4 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Higher SL's a Visa signature has a minimum SL of $5K where of course a non signature can have a SL of $300. If you never use any of the benefits, then it's just a vanity card with a higher limit that posses no magical powers.
Message 5 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Read the exclusions and limitations before you rely on anything. Be aware that you have to pay to use some benefits.

Visa Signature gets a lot of attention around here, but I personally think the benefits are overrated.

+1

I might be in the minority, but I've yet to take advantage of a "signature" benefit. 

I'm sure with some folks it's the exact opposite, but my spending patterns and needs are rather simple, at least relative to many folks here. 

But of course that could change someday, and if it does, I'll be ready... LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I might be in the minority, but I've yet to take advantage of a "signature" benefit. 

I'm sure with some folks it's the exact opposite, but my spending patterns and needs are rather simple, at least relative to many folks here. 

But of course that could change someday, and if it does, I'll be ready... LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Agreed, I too have yet to take advantage of any visa signature benefits or WEMC benefits for that matter. If the day comes then hey its there waiting for me, if not we'll it's not costing me anything one way or the other so no loss. I think there are better cards out there if your looking for niche services, i.e. Various Amex cards, Citi prestige etc. 

Message 7 of 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I recently upgraded my BofA CashRewards to a Signature Visa and since I am doing more traveling this year it's nice to know those protections are there. It's also a vanity thing, seeing my BofA card as a VS reminds me that is a prime card from BofA.Woman Very Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 8 of 10
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

Thought I would add a data point:

Having a siggy also gets a few additional perks if staying at certain properties.

I am booking a hotel in Vegas and using the Sig benefit for the Palazzo hotel (Venetian):

When booking at visasignaturehotels.com I will get the following benefits:

- Best available rate guarantee

- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available

- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available

- $25 USD food or beverage credit

- VIP Guest status

- 3PM check-out upon request, when available

- Invited guest check-in

- Complimentary continental breakfast daily at Grand Luxe Cafe

The value for me here is the daily breakfast. Also - they will price match any publicly available offer. So while the room they quote at a total of $990, I am matching a public offer for the same room/cancellation policy at $635 - thus getting the added benefits for the same cost as booking directly with the hotel.

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be shallow but the Visa signature just look so much better on the CC. I really never use any of the Visa siggy benefits other than my United for primary car rental. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.