Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-up Bonuses

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Sign-up Bonuses

CL's and Mods will determine where the line is and OP did not inject the term MS into this thread as usual someone else injected that issueSmiley Mad

So that aspect will now be discontinued 

Thanks

MJ

To answer OP question yes its done by some including myself to some extent 

In my case I look for cards with 2 aspects in this order 

1) Bonus 

2) can I get some use out of the card over the course of the next year before the AF becomes due 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 49
yfan
Valued Contributor

^ Nobody said this WAS ms....

Message 12 of 49
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't advocating anything in my original post. My post was more of a curiosity question to see what people here considered the norm, and possible pros and cons. That's all.

I understand that, I was just sounding a note of caution. That's why I also answered your question.

Message 13 of 49
yfan
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Or you could just leave it to the mods (if there was actually any problem which my understanding is the mods took no position on these discussions), which last time I checked you are not one.

If no one other than mods can comment on other people's behavior as it relates to rules, what exactly are you doing here if not saying my behavior isn't appropriate?

Message 14 of 49
myjourney
Super Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Since you commented 

Lets be clear 

No need to inject MS terms in every thread you respond to .....no one else saw or read anything related to that but you and it happens a lot 

I'm known for my honesty and telling it like it is ....It stops NOW....No more slipping into conversation that end in someones thread being locked 

Thanks

MJ

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 49
red259
Super Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Or you could just leave it to the mods (if there was actually any problem which my understanding is the mods took no position on these discussions), which last time I checked you are not one.

If no one other than mods can comment on other people's behavior as it relates to rules, what exactly are you doing here if not saying my behavior isn't appropriate?

Give it a rest. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 16 of 49
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Give it a rest. 

Red let it go Lol

I got this 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 49
yfan
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@yfan wrote:

Since you commented 

Lets be clear 

No need to inject MS terms in every thread you respond to .....no one else saw or read anything related to that but you and it happens a lot 

I'm known for my honesty and telling it like it is ....It stops NOW....No more slipping into conversation that end in someones thread being locked 

Thanks

MJ

Well, okay, if it's the term that's causing the headache, I have removed it from my first reply.

Message 18 of 49
myjourney
Super Contributor

StormWolf 

Sorry your thread headed off course but it will now be restored to the question asked 

MJ

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 19 of 49
medo
Frequent Contributor

I signed up with the AMEX Platinum due to the 100k offer for the bonus, but outside of this, there are benefits I can use over the next year.  Once the AF becomes due, I likely will let it go since I go for what gives me the most points (and I already have the PRG) and I'm just not as high end as I need to be to use some of the perks the card has to offer to justify it longer than the first year.

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.