Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature VISA - whats the bottom line

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: Signature VISA - whats the bottom line

Besides BOA, what other signature cards report the credit limit as opposed to highest balance. I know the info is here scattered about the forum but would be nice to know which ones do report and have a list of them convieniently in one place.

Message 11 of 16
GregB
Valued Contributor

My BofA VISA stopped reporting limit and started reporting Largest Past Balance when they converted it to a NPSL card. EQ includes it in Util Calcs with the LPB as the CL. TU excludes the card completely, at least with FICO 98. So does CK, if that means anything.

Don't confuse the revolving total on your reports with the amounts used in Util Calcs.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cabelas Signature Visa reports the CL.

I love that card - easiest to manage by far.  Pay as many times as you'd like to during the month (I've even paid from two different sources in the same day).  Can pay before the charge posts to the account so most of my monthly bills go on this card.  Makes budget day a breeze.

Ironically, we don't shop at Cabelas.  Never been in one.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian report has the credit limit listed whereas I just pulled my Equifax and it just posts the highest amount the section of credit limit is blank.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flyingmd wrote:

Besides BOA, what other signature cards report the credit limit as opposed to highest balance. I know the info is here scattered about the forum but would be nice to know which ones do report and have a list of them convieniently in one place.

My Wells Fargo Signature Visa reports the credit limit.

Message 15 of 16
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I have 4Visa Siggie's/1 World MC-Siggie's started out as Platinum and they all reported CL's-one by one were upgraded -received a notice in mail that they were going to upgrade my card(s)-w/ the first card,I was just too busy and figured 'oh well,let them upgrade me and I'll receive all these xtra perks'-soon after, another Platinum was upgraded-then I noticed that my utlization had changed by about 10%-that's when I checked this forum to get more info-after speaking w/CSR's for each Visa Siggie(and after being told that the CL's would report as normal, which they never did),w/ the next upgrade I received I immediately told them that if my CL won't report then I will not accept the upgrade-they upgraded AND reported the limit- the same happened with my 4th upgrade-so it seems, in my case anyway, that ONLY when I contacted them saying I would refuse the upgrade unless the CL reports ,did they actually report the CL- NFCU,WFargo, and CitiBank all report....CHASE does not(they actually gave me 5k cli to 40k for' being an outstanding customer'(yeah, I've pushed 75k through that card just in the past 2yrs.).....which means nothing cause it doesn'r report(oh well, $5.95/mnthly subscription is all CHASE is getting now)....also HIGH BALANCE on ur non-reporting CL DOES NOT REPLACE or ACT as ur CL.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.