Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature and Platinum cards?

tag
ayeecorreia
New Contributor

Signature and Platinum cards?

If there is already a thread forgive me because i tried asearch. 

I saw a post where someone's freedom arrived and was the visa signaturHE, and another where it was platinum. 

How do I upgrade to these cards? Are they free or annual fee? What are the different benefits or requirements. 

Thanks in advance. 

Amex Plat, Gold, BCP, EDP, Aspire, Delta Platinum,
NFCU Platinum, Cash Rewards, Amex More Rewards,
CSP, CFF,
Barclay Arrival,
BoA Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, Alaska Airlines,
Capital One Venture
Citi Costco
Paypal MC
Best Buy
Discover
Military Star
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Signature and Platinum cards?

https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/benefits.jsp

No fee to convert, just gives you extra protections/benefits - that most people end up not using. Typically minimum CL for siggy is 5k, though some (most notably Citi) will issue WMC's/Vs' with less.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 7
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

FYI - Chase seems to be a definite 5k + for VS. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 3 of 7
ayeecorreia
New Contributor

Thank you for the response. are VS and Platinum the same thing?

Amex Plat, Gold, BCP, EDP, Aspire, Delta Platinum,
NFCU Platinum, Cash Rewards, Amex More Rewards,
CSP, CFF,
Barclay Arrival,
BoA Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, Alaska Airlines,
Capital One Venture
Citi Costco
Paypal MC
Best Buy
Discover
Military Star
Message 4 of 7
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

VS = Visa Signature. WMC = World MasterCard (Mastercard's equivalent of Visa Signature)

Message 5 of 7
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

VS = Visa Signature. WMC = World MasterCard (Mastercard's equivalent of Visa Signature)

Don't forgot about the WEMC.  I don't know how it falls in relation to the VS though.

Message 6 of 7
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

The World Elite Mastercard is above VS/WMC.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.