cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature visa, world MasterCard - how does one get them?

tag
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Signature visa, world MasterCard - how does one get them?

With getting a few off my cards in my wallet 5k and over, what's the process to get them converted to signature and world editions? Chase and Citi are the two I'm looking at currently. Where does one begin?

Any advice gladly taken.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Signature visa, world MasterCard - how does one get them?

Which CC's in specific from your profile and how long have you had them at the $5K threshold?

Message 2 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure how it works either, I'm guessing it's by the issuer.  My Chase Freedom is 5K and is a Signature.  My Citi is 15K and isn't.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I'm not sure how it works either, I'm guessing it's by the issuer.  My Chase Freedom is 5K and is a Signature.  My Citi is 15K and isn't.

Same sort of thing here, my 5K Sallie Mae is MC World, my 33K Cap One QS is a Visa Plat (and my identical 20K Cap One QS is a Sig...)

Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

Citi CCs can be WMC starting at ~$3K and Visa Signatures $5K+.  Have you considered requesting Citi to PC your CC?  Which product do you have Shogun?

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Same sort of thing here, my 5K Sallie Mae is MC World, my 33K Cap One QS is a Visa Plat (and my identical 20K Cap One QS is a Sig...)

Did you contact the EO to see if they could upgrade the $33K one?  Or, was it recently PC'd to QS?

Message 6 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Did you contact the EO to see if they could upgrade the $33K one?  Or, was it recently PC'd to QS?

It was a fairly recent PC, but also I want to reserve my EO calls for more significant things (if that ever happens). It's hard to care too much about sig vs non-sig on a card that doesn't get much use.

Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

It was a fairly recent PC, but also I want to reserve my EO calls for more significant things (if that ever happens). It's hard to care too much about sig vs non-sig on a card that doesn't get much use.

Right, totally understand.  Just wasn't sure if you had already attempted those efforts.  Of course, I'm sure if there's a time when you need to contact them, the PC option could be entertained.

Message 8 of 12
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

You're right, it depends on the issuer. I know Chase responds well to secure messages on their website for such upgrades, whereas other companies might need a backdoor phone call or a combination of the two.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 9 of 12
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Great information so with Chase a secure message is a good way to go about it. With Citi would it be best to try the back door route? And just thinking down the road here, what about bank of America?

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.