Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing up for Discover It Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Signing up for Discover It Questions

I seem to be late to the double cash back bonus party, but want to make sure I don't screw anything up before applying.  Some questions:

1.  I see that right now I can get a 50 dollar Amazon gift card for 50 dollar spend as well as entry into the double cashback program?  Is this currently the best signup bonus option?  I don't believe I have got anything in the mail recently from discover that has been better. 

2.  I'm sure this has been answered, but I don't really want to dig for forever, but how are we calculating the first 12 consecutive billing periods?  If I got the card say July 1st what would be the first time I would be earning double cash back.  Obviously want to save my heavy spend for when it's 10% and not 5%

Any other information I need to know before applying! 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Signing up for Discover It Questions

You'd earn double cash back upon activation, so for 12 statements, however you wouldn't get the "double" until your twelfth statement. You'd get all the bonus at once. At least that is how I have understood it to be.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ead Re: Signing up for Discover It Questions

So instead of getting 5% and say earning 50 dollars in a month and then getting the 50 from that month at the end of the 12 months you get EVERYTHING at the end?  I.E. you effectively are recieving 0% on all purchases until the 12 month mark where you will get all the bonus money at once (2% on all purchases, 10% in the category, etc.)  Is that what you mean? 

Also anyone know if the amazon deal is the best one right now. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get you normal 5%or 1% or whatever on your next statement like usual but then the extra 5% or 1% after your 12 statement
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the amazon signup offer the best one out there?

Message 5 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

If you can get a friend to send you a referral email, then both of you will get $50 CB.  I think your $50 would be doubled after your 12th statement. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt it doubles considering amazon gives you a 50 dollr gift card.  It isnt true cash back

Message 7 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt it doubles considering amazon gives you a 50 dollr gift card.  It isnt true cash back

Yes, that was my point.  I doubt the Amazon gift card is doubled.   However, the refer a friend email link is a cash back bonus.  The cash back should be doubled. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.