Did you mean: 

Silly Question....

tag
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Silly Question....

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

For me it was thick file, no lates on any credit card. and good income and time.

Time is probably the most important part and working with creditors that offer good CLI's. GE rocks, yes they start out small but they grow fast, and once you are in there good standings even new cards can grow fast and be your highest CL's of GE cards. Started with an Amazon card with a $600 2 years later its now $3900 with out any phone calls to the underwriters. Walmart card started out at $900, 18 months later its at $2500. Paypal MC extras started at $2000, now $3200 just 9 months old, Sam's club started at $800 now its $4800 and its only 9 months old and its my highest Store card limit.

Coventry is another good bank to get in with, pre-approved offers via the shopping cart trick, gets you TL's without INQ's usually happen when you are over 610 Fico's and after 9 months they give small CLI's every 3-4 months. Just got a $200 auto-cli (from $500 to $700) on my roamans card this morning in a few weeks I should get more cli love on there cards, yes they are addicting, I have 6 of their cards could probably close two of them at least, but no AF's and they help with UTL and no one will tell me my file is thin.

Once you get in with Prime lenders you limits really do grow quickly. I'm sure once I garden for the next 6 months I will be getting cards that start over $7500 CL's. Just remember when you reach prime lenders approvals aren't as easy they will deny you if have too many INQ's the subprime lenders usually approve even if you have gotten 2-3 cards in the last 6 months but with prime cards its one-two cards max at least untill your AAoA is over a couple years.

Holy cow...lol    Ok ....I have read references to the cart trick...can you explain that please.... Also you said something about AF's...what is that?

AF = Annual Fee. For example, you have to pay $95 a year to use the CSP(Chase Sapphire Preferred). Usually reserved for subprime rebuilder cards or cards with extra perks.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 11 of 15
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:
Holy cow...lol    Ok ....I have read references to the cart trick...can you explain that please.... Also you said something about AF's...what is that?

I haven't heard of the Coventry, but I heard of Comenity Bank aka WFNNB. In the case of Comenity, they provide store cards like Victoria Secret, Roaman's, etc. They don't do HPs for approvals but SPs. You go to Vicroria Secret's web site, add an item to the shopping cart. When you are ready to purchase, a pop up tells you that you are pre-approved for the Victoria Secret's card. I don't know the details on how you can get on Comenity's list though since I'm not that interested in doing it. It's useful for rebuilding credit if you can't get sub-prime cards.

HIgh end personal and business cards usually charge AF because 'perks' are build-in to it as another member indicated.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 12 of 15
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
If not, a long credit history and clean credit report will also help you with getting CLIs over time.

+1. I have combined CLs in that range and my income is nothing to write home about. I've just been plugging away at my credit for a long time.

It also does help to have cards from companies like GE that like to lavish CLI luv on their cardholders.

Message 13 of 15
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@enharu wrote:
If not, a long credit history and clean credit report will also help you with getting CLIs over time.

+1. I have combined CLs in that range and my income is nothing to write home about. I've just been plugging away at my credit for a long time.

It also does help to have cards from companies like GE that like to lavish CLI luv on their cardholders.

Which CC come from GE?

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 14 of 15
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

http://www.gecapital.com/en/our-company/retail-partners.html

Click that link and GE lists its partners. Easier then trying to list them myself.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.