Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silly question on CC balance

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Silly question on CC balance

My balance on my USAA AMEX says (0.65) . That means I got a credit of 65 cents on my statement; not sure where it came from. So this 65 cents reporting is not bad right? 

the 65 cents was there when the statement cut but it's reporting balance of $0. Is that normal?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Silly question on CC balance

I've just had this happen with me -- 2 CCs had credit bal when stmt cut. They're reporting $0 bal on CR. No negative effect on FICO. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nothing to worry about, I've done it many times. I end up over-paying to make sure pending charges don't go through and post as a balance. My latest NFCU statement came with as -$29.80 balance (on the statement itself) but posted to the CRAs as $0 like it should.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had this on AMEX a few times.  For some reason I don't have the option to pay the current balance since they don't update it everyday so if I have to make a mental note of how much to type in the "other" box.

For instance, right now my balance is $75.19, but when I click pay, it tells me I have no balance so the only auto-pay balance is for $0.00.  The only way I can pay is to type a number in the "other" category.   

Message 4 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Good to know that it's not a negative in the FICO world Smiley Happy I watch my accounts like a hawk everyday.

Message 5 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had this on AMEX a few times.  For some reason I don't have the option to pay the current balance since they don't update it everyday so if I have to make a mental note of how much to type in the "other" box.

For instance, right now my balance is $75.19, but when I click pay, it tells me I have no balance so the only auto-pay balance is for $0.00.  The only way I can pay is to type a number in the "other" category.   

Same thing happens to me on my BCE. I pif every week as a habit and I get the same situation as you. I have to enter other. I don't get a balance umber either. But it goes through. So I got used to it.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same thing happens to me on my BCE. I pif every week as a habit and I get the same situation as you. I have to enter other. I don't get a balance umber either. But it goes through. So I got used to it.

I forget a lot of the time because Citi and Chase both update it so you can pay the current balance even if you've already paid that month.

Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Good to know that it's not a negative in the FICO world Smiley Happy I watch my accounts like a hawk everyday.

Same here!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Same here!

Me three...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.