Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simmons First Credit Card

tag
davidboca
Contributor

Simmons First Credit Card

Hello,

I applied for this card two days ago on line, and after what seemed for over a minute of 'flashing' lights I received a message which read: Your application has been received and processed. Unfortunately we are unable to make a decision at this time.'et cetera', etc.

today, I checked online to see the status of my application and received this message:

Congratulations! Your application has been approved.   If you applied for a credit card, you will be notified
by mail in 7 to 10 business days.  If you applied for a loan, listed below are the terms of your loan and a
representative will contact you shortly.    Please print this page for your records.  

What would be the next step? Or better put, what should be my next step? Should I call them to find out which card I was approved for, how much my credit limit is? Or, instead wait patiently?

Your suggestions would be well appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Simmons First Credit Card

Wait 7 to 10 days for the mail.

Or, call in and see if a CSR can/will tell you anything.  But some companies can't tell you anything, cause the CSR doesn't see the details.

Message 2 of 25
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Anticipation is half of the fun!  I'd wait for the mail. 

And congrats on the approval!  That's a nice card to have.

Message 3 of 25
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

tx is right on.  It is best to be patient with Simmons.  They are a great national--small bank.  I have had a MC with them for many years and upgraded it to the Plat Visa last year.  Although the 7.25 fixed went to variable, the card--and bank--are keepers.  Enjoy your relationship with them!

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 25
davidboca
Contributor

Alright! Great advice from the Fico forum members. I'll keep the forum updated, as I patiently meander through the process of establishing this account. Details to follow.

Thank you everyone!

Message 5 of 25
Gemini
Established Member

You may want to call in and check the status or check online again for the status. I recieved the same response on the system on 1/8/10. I called today to see what the cl was and int rate. She said i would get a letter in the mail explaining everything. Explaining??? Come to find out their system gives that response to tell you that they have recieved your application and that is stil has to go through underwriting to get approved. Craziness i tell you.
Message 6 of 25
davidboca
Contributor

Thanks! I've just checked again online, and it still reads 'Your application has been approved'. I hope I get something in the mail soon to confirm this. Another interesting fact is that they have pulled only 1 report, this was from TU.

Message 7 of 25
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Simmons only pulled TU when I upgraded.  My card took the whole 7-10 business days to arrive.  All looks to be in line with their timeline.  Hopefully the card will be in your mailbox shortly.  Enjoy!

Message 8 of 25
davidboca
Contributor

Update: After waiting for 5 bank working days, I received my card in the mail today. I telephoned the toll free number indicated on the removable label to activate my new $5000. credit line.

I must state that so far, I am greatly impressed with the way this bank does things.

My question now is: Does Simmons grant automatic credit line increases?

Message 9 of 25
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

None that I know of.  They are a conservative bank, but increases should not be a problem with a good history with them.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.