Regular Contributor
FocusOnFICO

Re: Simmons First Credit Card

When I applied--many years ago--for their MC, I needed to fill out a two-page application.  Page one contained the basics, page two contained the assets and liablilties section.  I hope that you get approved.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
DI

[ Edited ]
I started filling out the app for a Simmons card back in July.  I stopped after I felt it was asking for too much info. 
Message Edited by DI on 01-16-2010 10:15 PM
Contributor
davidboca

To prospective applicants, I would recommend the online application instead of the printed version. It requires less information from the applicant.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

IMO they require too much information relative to their CL's. It used to be a very low APR - now a lower APR. However I already have some lower APR CC's and the lower APR's aren't of much use if you PIF. Anything I need to revolve now is either at 0% for nine months or 2.99% forever - can't really beat that!
New Visitor
chasester

I dunno with these guys.  I had applied in July of 2009.  Kept checking daily for 2 weeks still - we are processing.  Sent an email about a month and half into it.  nothing.  4 months later still nothing.

I check my credit score today and saw they had inquired on my credit back in July - just told me nothing.  Log in today and it says I was declined.

Go figure, 791 credit score with 1% used of my limits.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}