Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simmons First National Bank

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Simmons First National Bank

any1 got this card? kno anything about it, 7% apr, really?

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Simmons First National Bank

Absolutely one of the HARDEST cards to obtain. You absolutely MUST have perfect credit to obtain, im talkin FICO's over 760 and LOOONG credit history.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowest APR is 7.25% as of this writing. I have this card and started to use it for the first time this month after issued six months ago. Simmons First requested FR and issued $5K. This was the 4th of 5 cards I applied for over a 5 month period. I focused on low APR cards to balance my portfolio after aquiring 6 rewards cards.

Message 3 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
Absolutely one of the HARDEST cards to obtain. You absolutely MUST have perfect credit to obtain, im talkin FICO's over 760 and LOOONG credit history.

+1. Simmons First and Iberia are two of the most difficult banks to get cards with. To stand a good chance, you should have ~800 FICO, no baddies whatsoever, and an AAoA of ~8-10 years or more. They will also demand proof of employment and income.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 15
beb86
Valued Contributor

Fort Knox of CCs

Message 5 of 15
Jlu
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

Fort Knox of CCs

This made me lol

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 6 of 15
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Yep. I had a score of 780/790 when approved.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 7 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

IMO, i feel this card is overrated. Yea 7.25% APR is nice but if your planning on carring balances why not get in on promo offers for 0% and stand a much better chance for approval with higher CL's?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 15
JonStur
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

IMO, i feel this card is overrated. Yea 7.25% APR is nice but if your planning on carring balances why not get in on promo offers for 0% and stand a much better chance for approval with higher CL's?

+1...And the 7.25% is on the no rewards card. To me those cards are just see I have these. I and many people on here could qualify for them. IMHO the best benefit Is if you want to use rewards on the Simmons Reward to book travel because there's no blackout dates. For my credit purposes I prefer practicality over showcasing. But if someones goal is to see if they can get the most elusive cards possible, I say go for it, life is short!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think CreditScholar answered the question best about the credit status Simmons First is target marketing. There are many prestigious high income cards offered for private clients and others who post here without the the thought of grandstanding. High AF cards for those frequent flyers offer benefits which serve their individual needs and those folks aren't boasters.

I don't know the history about availability of 0% APR cards but, it seems to me if interest rates make an upward move lenders may pull back from that market. Also, it takes time to acquire a desired 0% APR card and time can be of essence when the need for a low APR card is needed - insurance if you will. PIFFING is always preferred though sometimes sufficient cash is not always on hand to meet an urgent situation. After all, lending is the backbone of the card business not promtional rewards. It seems to me more discussions about low APR lenders should be topics on this forum. Instead many are more interested in big name banks which are not interest rate competitive with credit unions and smaller banks. What does that say about the effectiveness of marketing by the big banks? I like the help from those who wade through the clutter from the biggies.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.