Regular Contributor
Weights

Simmons First visa platinum

I know this card has been discussed a few times before.  I'm further aware that they're pretty strict with credit limits, no rewards, and credit union cards in a lot of cases are still better.  Nevertheless, I'm curious if any of you have gotten approved for this card, and if so, for what limit? What was your credit profile like in terms of fico score, inquiries, number of credit accounts, limit on other accounts, etc?  Also, how good is their customer service? I understand they primarily pull Transunion, and are very sensitive to large limits on other accounts and recent inquiries.  I also understand that they typically want pay stubs and W2s for POI, and nearly perfect credit.  

Contributor
ArCpa

Re: Simmons First visa platinum

It might depend on where you live, There are based out of AR, where I live. I had several high limit cc and had no problem getting approved. The APR is very low, but you are correct the benefits are plain to say the least. My folks also have a cc with them and they pulled Ex for our approvals. They will verify your employment , but I never had to supply any paperwork. They will call and verify. And to get the lowest APR , you will need 760+ scores , that whats a local BM told me when I inquired about a BLOC. If you get in , they will make all their products available in the future.

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}