cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Question. What does MS abbreviation mean?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Simple Question. What does MS abbreviation mean?

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:
MS = that which shall not be named

Manufactured Spending

To further clarify, since manufactured spending is against the terms and conditions of many - if not all - credit cards, and is considered at best questionable and at worst unethical/dishonest/abuse (by some), our hosts, myFico, has asked that we not discuss it on this board.

I'm fairly sure defining it here is OK, but any discussion on how to actually do it can will cause you problems, up to and including being banned from the forums.  This is why people refer to it as "that which shall not be named".

You may also find an occasional (legitimate/allowed) reference to it when folks discuss things that can get a credit card canceled, but that should be the extent of what you hear of MS on this board.

Hope this helps.  Smiley Wink

(Mod/Anybody - please correct if I have anything wrong here)

It is advocating it which is not allowed, not really discussion.    Obviously a bit of a fine line, because if I give lots of details of how I do it, and just end with "Oh, by the way I'm not suggesting that you should do this", that might still not fly!

Correct.  Discussion of MS, while frowned upon by the community at-large, isn't in and of itself against TOS.   Advocation of MS and "How-to" posts are definitely on the wrong side of the TOS tracks.   My main issue from a Moderator standpoint is that MS advocation doesn't align with the purposes of this Forum.   

Excellent clarifications... thanks longtimelurker and SunriseEarth!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Simple Question. What does MS abbreviation mean?

Used to be (Mod Cut-References to that are not allowed on myFico), per Family Guy.

Maybe it changed

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.