cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Applications to Dodge Inquiries? :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simultaneous Applications to Dodge Inquiries? :)

Just was thinking, if you wanted to up the chance of getting a better APR or just acceptance or whatever your goal is, how effective would it be to apply to 2 credit cards you want at the exact same time rather than one after another (assuming you ultimately want both)?

Of course, this is for online applications only since no reasonable attempt at applying "simultaneously" is possible otherwise. But basically, you'd fill out all the information on both forms, then when they're both ready, click "submit" on both so they're doing that 5 seconds of processing your credit report at the same time. I know there would be at least a fraction of a second between them, but aside from all that nit-picking, is this theory (and subsequently, myself) retarded and stupid? Or is it (and subsequently, myself) awesome and brilliant?  :smileyvery-happy:

Possible variations on this topic could include: applying for a loan and a card, applying for 10 cards, or any other crazy combination of simultaneous credit.

(And yes, I'm also aware that a single inquiry difference isn't likely to cause any major score difference anyway, and that both will end up on your report in the long run.)

Message Edited by Cryostasis on 08-17-2009 03:26 AM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Simultaneous Applications to Dodge Inquiries? :)

If it works...you're brilliant!

(Now, who wants to go first....?)  

Message 2 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

even if it were still possible to do so as during the times b4 inq were posted in essentially real time- an issuer could still change terms, close, cld, upon A/R- if the application pattern, etc. was objectionable.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Cryostasis, if you do this, will you promise to tape yourself and post it on YouTube? I want to see someone hovering over 10 different laptops, each of them with a different app going, and hitting "enter" on all ten with some sort of Rube Goldberg gadget. Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, I don't know that it's possible, even with perfect timing. I'm guessing that if both apps go simultaneously to the same CRA, the delay will occur on the CRA end, with them queuing the requests. No telling, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

This is appy-spree on steroids. Anyone needing to resort to this extreme has significant issues. The worst part of the deal is that in the long run it won't make one iota of difference.

I am gonna laugh my hindquarters off when after the coming credit pinch some of these appy-spree'ers get their cards closed down upon later AR. It is possible to be too clever for your own good!

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-17-2009 08:18 PM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's yet another reminder to be friendly, supportive and respectful.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=172868

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

This is appy-spree on steroids. Anyone needing to resort to this extreme has significant issues. The worst part of the deal is that in the long run it won't make one iota of difference.

I am gonna laugh my hindquarters off when after the coming credit pinch some of these appy-spree'ers get their cards closed down upon later AR. It is possible to be too clever for your own good!

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-17-2009 08:18 PM

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I reaaallllly doubt any sort of account review 1-12 months later would give a flying fruit about some inquiries they missed before, even if it were a fairly large amount. As long as I'm getting them money and my credit report shows no history of any kind of delinquincy, I figure once you're approved, you're gold. Unless your account(s) later get closed down for something else completely unrelated.

Message 7 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

How about an excess of available credit for your income?

AA up to and including severe CLD and account closure have happened on AR in the wake of appy sprees. There isn't much new under the sun and appy sprees have been around for a long time. Spreeing can bring rewards, but not without risk!

Message 8 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

How about an excess of available credit for your income?

AA up to and including severe CLD and account closure have happened on AR in the wake of appy sprees. There isn't much new under the sun and appy sprees have been around for a long time. Spreeing can bring rewards, but not without risk!

+1
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 10
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

OP, as mentioned someones got to try and ascertain. Since you are contemplating, maybe you could? Smiley Happy

I understand your motive. With some issuers even a couple of inquiries are too many and the sole reason for denial as I experianced with National City. Now, if you have a couple of such issuers or want a couple of apps with a single such issuer, you could contemplate the simultaneous app thing. But I suspect the apps would que up. Its impossible for two apps to access your CBR at the exact time and an inquiry will, being automated, immediately register after the first app.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.