cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since when does Macy's Hard Pull for a CLI??(((UPDATE)))

tag
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Re: Since when does Macy's Hard Pull for a CLI??

I was told it could be a hard or a soft pull and that they wouldn't know until the process was done what type it ended up being.  I passed.  I have a $2000 limit which is plenty for me and any more wouldn't be worth the hard pull since there are a few other major cards that I want.  I have enough of a distraction on my CR without having another pull.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 31 of 39
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:   I called back today and received a modest $300 increase with no pull.  She told me that due to my recently opened Club account THAT was considered somewhat of an increase which is why she belived they did not increase it more. I get that, because Chase is the same way and my Club account is not yet even six months old. 

She reviewed my account and "assured" me it would NOT be a hard pull, but I will no for sure tomorrow morning since I have Credit Monitoring with all 3 credit bureaus..lol!  But it looks like the process changes every time you get a new CSR on the phone since this was NOT what I was told just yesterday...lol!

Message 32 of 39
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

I called for an increase a few weeks ago. The CSR told me that it would likely be based on current data in their file. If the system told her that she had to pull my file she would be able to stop the process before it was pulled. I was at $500 and asked for $2,000. It was granted without the pull. I was also told that I could request again in another six months.

+1

Message 33 of 39
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Macy's is definitely a YMMV CLI extravaganza.  I didn't have anything else to do after my last post, so I called Macy's and the CSR that I spoke with said it would "definitely" be a hard pull and that they would pull reports from all three CRAs.  If I have nothing else to do later today, I may call back just to see what the next CSR will tell me.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 34 of 39
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@randeman wrote:

Macy's is definitely a YMMV CLI extravaganzaI didn't have anything else to do after my last post, so I called Macy's and the CSR that I spoke with said it would "definitely" be a hard pull and that they would pull reports from all three CRAs.  If I have nothing else to do later today, I may call back just to see what the next CSR will tell me.

OMG!!!! Hilarious!!!!!!   Smiley Very Happy  What the heck is going on with Macy's...each Rep has a different script/process they are following! LOL!!!!

I sure can't wait until tomorrow to see if I get an alert or not!

Message 35 of 39
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if I can close my Club account and move that CL over to my store account? SInce they obviously take the CLub account into consideration when deciding on Increases etc.  I only opened the account for a a necklace I purchased during the holidays....it's pretty much all paid off now, but then again, that account also helps me with utl.

Message 36 of 39
zerobacan
Established Contributor

What is that Club thing?

i ve heard with Macys you can have multiple lines, one for the store, furniture, jewerly, is that one of them?

and how do you apply for it?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 37 of 39
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

What is that Club thing?

i ve heard with Macys you can have multiple lines, one for the store, furniture, jewerly, is that one of them?

and how do you apply for it?

its weird how that works...i remember last year i wanted to increase my limit on my revolving card, told them i wanted to buy some jewelry and was denied via SP but she said i was approved for a club account with a limit of 1500. I bought some jewelry and told them i wanted it on the club account just recently opened. Now this past January i went and bought some more jewelry cuz wanted to take advantage of some nice specials, I paid with my macys card thinking it would either go on the revolving or club account but to my surprise i get an alert from here saying that a new account had been reported and i was like WTH??? i checked and it was another macys account so i called them and they told me it was a "major purchase" account. I was a little annoyed by that but since the limit was 3000 and no HP needed i left it alone.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 38 of 39
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Since when does Macy's Hard Pull for a CLI??(((UPDATE)))

So i can call and ask for a club acc saying im buying some jewerly. And they will sp me?
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.