cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since when has CAP1 had no BT transfer fee??

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Since when has CAP1 had no BT transfer fee??

I remember mentioning in a earlier post that I was carrying a balance on 5 credit cards...I conveniently brought it down to 3 today with my CAP1 card...no BT transfer fee and now I have one date to remember instead of 2 others...just thought I'd share. My APR will be 20.9% instead of 23.99 and 24.99% separately. I never knew this about my card and I've had it for 3 years!! LOL. FYI, I have the MTV Visa which they no longer offer.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Since when has CAP1 had no BT transfer fee??

@maiden_girl wrote:

I remember mentioning in a earlier post that I was carrying a balance on 5 credit cards...I conveniently brought it down to 3 today with my CAP1 card...no BT transfer fee and now I have one date to remember instead of 2 others...just thought I'd share. My APR will be 20.9% instead of 23.99 and 24.99% separately. I never knew this about my card and I've had it for 3 years!! LOL. FYI, I have the MTV Visa which they no longer offer.

The APR for the BT balance is 20.9??? Are you paying this off quick? Sounds like a lot of interest!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

It is ALOT but I only transfered it to get a LONGER payment period...I've avoid paying interest on it all this time. And my bill is due 5/7 and my check is short this period (payroll messed it up) so I will break it down into two payments next month to get rid of the bill. I just didn't want to have a bill with US Bank and a bill with Walmart... two due dates! I didnt realize they didnt have transfer fee. I would have done it sooner!

Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

It is ALOT but I only transfered it to get a LONGER payment period...I've avoid paying interest on it all this time. And my bill is due 5/7 and my check is short this period (payroll messed it up) so I will break it down into two payments next month to get rid of the bill. I just didn't want to have a bill with US Bank and a bill with Walmart... two due dates! I didnt realize they didnt have transfer fee. I would have done it sooner!

Well thats good hate to see someone get hit with high interest!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I KNOW! I just requested a APR reduction..shot down...come on its CAP1. LOL. But I should be fine. I just checked my billing cycle and it doesn't end until the end of May so my bill will be due in June! WOOT! Hahaha. I should have no excuse not to have the balance paid off before interest hits!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.