Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinclair "Dinocare" Gas Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sinclair "Dinocare" Gas Card

Today I received my Sinclair "Dinocare" Gas Card.  For those of you unfamiliar with Sinclair, it's an oil company that has locations throughout the innermountain west, midwest, and scattered elsewhere nationwide.  The appeal for me to have applied for this card was that my spouse and I use Sinclair quite a bit in our travels (and the card looks really cool too!)    There's an image below for curious minds.  Additionally, this card is NOT a credit card.  It's a charge card.  The monthly balance is due in full upon receipt of the statement.  This doesn't mean that spending on it is carte blanche.  The internal limit assigned to us was $600 (we advised them we would spend $500 at a time on the application).  There is also a note stating: "After 3 months of on-time payment history our system automatically allows expenditures to exceed your credit limit by 80%).    On any note, we are happy to add the card to our portfolio as we travel extensively, and we are looking forward to a few perks, one of which is an instant gas savings at the pump -- what the savings is though, I don't know yet! Smiley Happy 

Sinclair .jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sinclair "Dinocare" Gas Card

honestly a classic card... love the look for whatever reason.. If I was ever to have a gas card, that would probably be it lol

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

honestly a classic card... love the look for whatever reason.. If I was ever to have a gas card, that would probably be it lol

The look is entirely alluring, isn't it?  I'd say we are more excited about this card than any card in our collection right now, more so than our Citi Prestige! lol

Message 3 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

The look is entirely alluring, isn't it?  I'd say we are more excited about this card than any card in our collection right now, more so than our Citi Prestige! lol

indeed it is alluring, I would dare to say it is most peoples favorite looking gas card or card overall... Just unique.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A card with a picture of Dinosaur on it! Awesome!
Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have said card, it is pretty cool, never used it though by the time I got it was better to use the Sallie Mae for 5% back.

Message 6 of 11
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I'm from NY and I can tell ya I never seen nor heard about this Sinclair gas station before lol. So idk bout it being nationwide haha but it's a cool looking card tho

Message 7 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

I'm from NY and I can tell ya I never seen nor heard about this Sinclair gas station before lol. So idk bout it being nationwide haha but it's a cool looking card tho

Sinclair is old school ..  Not sure their old foot-print and new foot-print areas.  I just remember seeing them and a dang cool looking card for whatever reason.  Just unique I guess.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the name and logo from some point in my past. Can't remember if it was travels or what. 

This thread title caught my eye earlier, didn't open it. But...I JUST drove by a Sinclair station! I was like "LOOK - DINOSAUR!" (and I was alone in the car)

I'm at a conference in NorCal. 

Very cool, congrats! 

Message 9 of 11
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

I thought this might be a joke at first because if anyone remembers that show "Dinosuars" from the early 90's, the name of the family was the "Sinclairs".
I do dig this card though. Shame I could never use it on the east coast.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.