Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Everyday or Multiple Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Single Everyday or Multiple Cards

Currently just using my NFCU cashReawards card. Should be getting the rest of my cards in my sig in the mail within the next week or 2. Then it will be the Chase Freedom to meet the limit for the bonus, then with switch to my Cap1 QS, then lastly switching the the Amex BCE. After I meet the rewards for those 3, I will figure it out then.

Message 41 of 48
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

I keep multiple cards in my wallet (and therefore it's a FatWallet)

My Sallie Mae works as the everyday Gas+Grocery card. I generally cash out every other month and it goes to UPromise and then to a Sallie Mae high-yield savings a/c. I'm waiting to see how their 10% end-of-year bonus pans out. The time lag is a bit annoying but not something too big.

If SMMC runs out, I switch to AMEX BCE. Their CB system is a bit PITA with the 2-statement lag but I've learned to live with it. I cash out this one every 3-4 months or so. I use their deals about once per month. That's more attractive than their regular CB.

Since getting my Cash+, I am using it at restaurants and fast food. It's been only a month. I'll hold back redemption till I make $100 in CB, might take 2-3 more months, maybe more (given that restaurants will be out next year).

I use CSP for all of my travel bookings (airfare, hotel) and was using it for dining before getting the Cash+. Also gets used at Avis / Budget. Enterprise sees Discover because of ShopDiscover.

Freedom and Discover sees category spending. I generally can keep track of the categories; also use Wallaby to manage categories in case I'm not sure.

Citi Dividend has been seeing reduced usage. The fact that $50 check is the only redemption option is a bit of a hassle, but I didn't increase spending on it yet. Might use it for some holiday shopping, will see. 

Cap One Q/S is my non-category card. Gets used for utilities and the like. The UFCU and the REI are mostly SD-ed. 

Message 42 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

My Sallie Mae works as the everyday Gas+Grocery card. I generally cash out every other month and it goes to UPromise and then to a Sallie Mae high-yield savings a/c. I'm waiting to see how their 10% end-of-year bonus pans out. The time lag is a bit annoying but not something too big.

If SMMC runs out, I switch to AMEX BCE. Their CB system is a bit PITA with the 2-statement lag but I've learned to live with it. I cash out this one every 3-4 months or so. I use their deals about once per month. That's more attractive than their regular CB.

Since getting my Cash+, I am using it at restaurants and fast food. It's been only a month. I'll hold back redemption till I make $100 in CB, might take 2-3 more months, maybe more (given that restaurants will be out next year).

I use CSP for all of my travel bookings (airfare, hotel) and was using it for dining before getting the Cash+. Also gets used at Avis / Budget. Enterprise sees Discover because of ShopDiscover.

Freedom and Discover sees category spending. I generally can keep track of the categories; also use Wallaby to manage categories in case I'm not sure.

Citi Dividend has been seeing reduced usage. The fact that $50 check is the only redemption option is a bit of a hassle, but I didn't increase spending on it yet. Might use it for some holiday shopping, will see. 

Cap One Q/S is my non-category card. Gets used for utilities and the like. The UFCU and the REI are mostly SD-ed. 

talking about annoying BCE CB system i was thinking of using it just so i could get that 25 statement credit i am so close lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 43 of 48
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

talking about annoying BCE CB system i was thinking of using it just so i could get that 25 statement credit i am so close lol

Howdy Mong !

Yeah it seems to take forever to reach that threshold and then wait one more statement.

Also, they seem to have persistent errors: difference between statement and online, missing out on eligible merchants, etc. Their deals have worked fine for me till now though, I've used maybe 4-5 of them so far.

Chat does seem to get it done pretty easy most times but I don't like the fact that I need to monitor every single statement for couple of dollars. With the great AMEX system behind them, I'd have thought they'd be more tech-efficient.

Message 44 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Howdy Mong !

Yeah it seems to take forever to reach that threshold and then wait one more statement.

Also, they seem to have persistent errors: difference between statement and online, missing out on eligible merchants, etc. Their deals have worked fine for me till now though, I've used maybe 4-5 of them so far.

Chat does seem to get it done pretty easy most times but I don't like the fact that I need to monitor every single statement for couple of dollars. With the great AMEX system behind them, I'd have thought they'd be more tech-efficient.

BCE is in ultra back upmode , EDP is getting gas and groceries. If i ever for some reason reach 6k cap for EDP i will go and use BCE, so its not that big of an deal for me right now. I am waiting for my amex statement to post so i can get my amazon prime haha. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 45 of 48
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
One rotating categories card is enough <<<<<<< Between the two I prefer Discover

I like discover but with their Stingy limit i SD it most of the time 

For me i prefer freedom when they share categories because of the flexibility if i want to use UR points for travel, i do like having discover for shopdiscover they have some pretty good deals. 

I prefer freedom as well since I als have the csp. But as much as I like discover I won't use it with a $1,500 limit lol

I had that problem before with my IT luckily was able to get few SP cli from discover this year so its an bit over 5000 now one of my lower CL cards but its definately usable now though!!

Yeah... Went from $750 to $1,000 to $1,500 all with HP's That card will be SD till forever or until they give me a decent CL. I only keep it because its my oldest and buy Amazon Gift cards of $0.50 every month to keep it active 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 46 of 48
leoment
Frequent Contributor

3 cards daily:

BCP for groceries (6%)

Forward for restaurants/Amazon/bookstores/movies (5%)

BOA Travel Privileges for everything else (2.2%)

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 47 of 48
flawesome
Contributor

Sallie Mae and Fidelity get used daily and AARP gets used most days.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.