cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Six statements with Discover, ran $6000 thru it, no credit increase?

tag
Kendro
Contributor

Six statements with Discover, ran $6000 thru it, no credit increase?

I averaged about $1000 a month through 6 statements since opening the account and have a 785+ credit score.  I keep seeing posts where Discover increased their limit automatically every few months.  It is by far my lowest TL.  My AMEX is 4 times my Discover limit and my Chase Freedom is 3 times the limit.  Is there a reason why they wouldn't increase it automatically?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Six statements with Discover, ran $6000 thru it, no credit increase?

Because they don't have to.  Have you tried resquesting one?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Kendro wrote:

I averaged about $1000 a month through 6 statements since opening the account and have a 785+ credit score.  I keep seeing posts where Discover increased their limit automatically every few months.  It is by far my lowest TL.  My AMEX is 4 times my Discover limit and my Chase Freedom is 3 times the limit.  Is there a reason why they wouldn't increase it automatically?

I see a good number of auto CLI but they have not been very large... I think if they are that far off of your others I would hit up the love button online and see, might cost you HP if it doesn't counter smaller line but might be worth it, they have some of the best CSR lately I have dealt with... tell them, I have now proven myself for 6 months, now you prove yourself!

Message 3 of 6
Kendro
Contributor

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.  Gonna hit the luv button after I pay off this month's statement balance.  Will request it on Friday.

Message 4 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Good luck OP

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Fingers crossed for you!!

I've had my account for 9 months now with a toy $1K limit and they absolutely refuse to increase it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.