Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping a NFCU Payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Skipping a NFCU Payment?

Their system is weird that way.  I just make a monthly payment regardless, I don't pay the minimum payments anyway other than having that weird zero there it is not an issue.

Message 11 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

With USAA it's possible to opt-out of what they refer to as the 'Pay Ahead Program', so it might be possible to opt-out with NFCU as well (I'm not certain).  This might make sense if somebody has a bill pay service that is triggered by a minimum payment being due rather than a balance.  Keep in mind that if you're carrying a balance that interest will continue to accrue even if there's no payment due.

In my case I like this.  In the past I once made the mistake of making a payment just before the due date on a student loan; in that case they didn't have a 'Pay ahead' setup so that payment was counted as an additional payment on the previous month and a few days later I still had a payment due (times were tough then, and this was a real setback).  The way NFCU and USAA have things set up a slightly-early payment is not a problem.  (Also, note that with USAA they will allow a large payment to go towards up to the next two regular minimum payments; I'm not sure what the fine-print says with NFCU).

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  I'd send a proper payment anyway just to be 100% safe.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.