Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slate Card - Such a small Credit limit

tag
Naro
Established Member

Slate Card - Such a small Credit limit

So, I applied for a chase slate card for the balance transfer offer they have. I got an instant approval but they only gave me 500 dollar credit limit. Haaaaaaaaa.

My current cards:

Citi :  1500/1600 <- Account that I wanted to transfer

Discover: 1100/1500  <- Paying off next week, and not being reported to credit score yet.

Chase Amazon: 0/500

Barclay: 1000/2000 <- account I wanted to transfer - paying off half next week

cap: 0/750

Reason for some high utilization is because of summer school cost. So in total I wanted to transfer around 2000 dollars : /. I earn around 18000 a year.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slate Card - Such a small Credit limit

@Naro wrote:

So, I applied for a chase slate card for the balance transfer offer they have. I got an instant approval but they only gave me 500 dollar credit limit. Haaaaaaaaa.

My current cards:

Citi :  1500/1600 <- Account that I wanted to transfer

Discover: 1100/1500  <- Paying off next week, and not being reported to credit score yet.

Chase Amazon: 0/500

Barclay: 1000/2000 <- account I wanted to transfer - paying off half next week

cap: 0/750

Reason for some high utilization is because of summer school cost. So in total I wanted to transfer around 2000 dollars : /. I earn around 18000 a year.

Call & recon for a CLI. Explain that you want to BT over $1500 to the Slate card.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 2 of 16
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

I apped for the Slate expecting a small limit. You can IMO move your Amazon credit line over to the Slate OR app for Sapphire/Freedom and move some of that CL to Slate.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 3 of 16
Naro
Established Member

Yea I was wondering if that was possible - moving credit limits. And for the recon thing, it didn' t work they told me to call back in 5 months - similar to my amazon card but I never did called back.

Message 4 of 16
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Definitely.

I apped for Chase Sapphire and got 6K instant. Apped for slate and got 7-10 day denial. Called back door and asked for recon. Gentleman said he could open an account using my current lines of credit. He let me choose how much also.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 5 of 16
Naro
Established Member

So how do I approach this. Do I just call and ask if for a recon or do I ask for them to merge the accounts together

Message 6 of 16
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@Naro wrote:

Yea I was wondering if that was possible - moving credit limits. And for the recon thing, it didn' t work they told me to call back in 5 months - similar to my amazon card but I never did called back.

Call and get a CLI on amazon card and move that over to slate card.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 7 of 16
Naro
Established Member

OK does chase do hard pulls for credit limits

Message 8 of 16
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Yes. HP for CLI
__
Message 9 of 16
Naro
Established Member

I was hoping for not a hard pull : /

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.