Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slate to Freedom

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Slate to Freedom

I think people worry too much about hard pulls. The truth about HPs is that they stop counting towards your score after a year, and completely drop off your file after two years. So if you are not planning on major purchases that you absolutely have to have credit for in the next year or two, who cares about the HP? If you are going to use the new cards and pay them off in full on time, the HP's toll on your score is irrelevant if you don't actually need major additional credit in the next one-two years.

Message 21 of 23
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

turbo i got my card and AUs at the same time and received both bonuses Smiley Happy ive actually yet to put the card in my wallet but have been using it for the majority of my monthly overhead for the UR Points

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 22 of 23
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@signaturecardmember wrote:

it is older then I am actually lol Smiley Happy While youre applying I would also apply for a 2nd card at the same time. It is not always promised but in many people's cases (and mine) it resulted in only one HP and you will get additional CL to move around or use.

This was my case as well. 1 HP, two cards.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.